Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Donzi ZR 38 on Top Gear USA

Donzi ZR 38 on Top Gear USA

Hi Donzi lovers, check out The History Channel's, Top Gear on Sunday night at 10 pm. There featuring a Donzi ZR 38 in a challenge against a super car and a plane in the Florida Keys. The segment will repeat during the week check your local listings. Top Gear USA is a offshoot of a BBC series called Top Gear, which is better than the US version and has featured cool boats in the past. Have a great Donzi Christmas and may there be a pro-charger under your trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Phillips View Post
    Hi Donzi lovers, check out The History Channel's, Top Gear on Sunday night at 10 pm. There featuring a Donzi ZR 38 in a challenge against a super car and a plane in the Florida Keys. The segment will repeat during the week check your local listings. Top Gear USA is a offshoot of a BBC series called Top Gear, which is better than the US version and has featured cool boats in the past. Have a great Donzi Christmas and may there be a pro-charger under your trees.
    That the BBC version is merely 'better' than the US version is perhaps the understatement of the year. The US hosts are AWFUL!

Sadly, I've been watching it because there's nothing better on. Unfortunately I fear the powers that be may take this to mean I actually approve of the show. I don't.

Here's an idea - why not run current episodes of the BBC version instead of making us wait a year? That would be infinitely better than the God-awful remake we've got.

But aside from that, it should be on the DVR when I get home so I'll watch it in the hopes the improve the show. Or at least show us something cool with the Donzi.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

I feel your pain, the host are wooden and can't carry the jokes. I got hooked on the BBC UK version several years ago and the host make it what is is, even my wife loves the it. The 38 ZR challenge should be fun though.

Thanks for the info. I just saw the ad last night, I thought it was going to be on the BBC version of the show because I didn't know a US one existed. I figured it would automatically record on my DVR but now I'll make sure.

I just recently got hooked on the BBC version of the show because I caught it one night while surfing around. Even my Wife gets a kick out of it which is saying a lot for a car show

Favorite show...

having spent my whole life in the car biz.

I used to be able to get the current UK version via the On Demand features on my Comcast service. That changed when the US version premiered. Now, it is the US version. Nice part of On Demand is that I can fast forward when the hosts are suffering a real case of lameness.

So, yesterday, I called Comcast and got BBC America added to my service. Problem solved. The episodes getting ready to air after the New Year are rumored to be pretty good. Right now they are replaying this season's previous episodes, as well as some from the past few years.

I will admit that the US version is getting better by the week, but it has a ways to go in comparison.

On a slightly related note, the Wealth Channel (not that I qualified to watch it) has a program on Cigarette today at I believe 5pm ET.
    Looks like mostly the new stuff on the flyer , but who knows what the content will include.
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

It is not going to be on BBC Canada or the History Channel up here in the Great White North........BUMMER.............Ed

Quote Originally Posted by zelatore View Post
    That the BBC version is merely 'better' than the US version is perhaps the understatement of the year. The US hosts are AWFUL!

Sadly, I've been watching it because there's nothing better on. Unfortunately I fear the powers that be may take this to mean I actually approve of the show. I don't.

Here's an idea - why not run current episodes of the BBC version instead of making us wait a year? That would be infinitely better than the God-awful remake we've got.

But aside from that, it should be on the DVR when I get home so I'll watch it in the hopes the improve the show. Or at least show us something cool with the Donzi.
    Hafta ditto this. The UK show is great. I have tried twice now to watch the domestic version and I haven't gotten through more than about 8 minutes either time. And I seriously tried. Crossing my fingers that they will take their game up a few notches.
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

There is something about English wittiness that Americans can't pull off in the same way. They seem to be trying to replicate the British version instead of making a true American version.

I didn't get to the Donzi part of the episode yet... was too tired to make it. Will watch when I get home tonight

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    There is something about English wittiness that Americans can't pull off in the same way. They seem to be trying to replicate the British version instead of making a true American version.
    I didn't get to the Donzi part of the episode yet... was too tired to make it. Will watch when I get home tonight
    Luck you. You will get to skip through the stupid parts.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hafta ditto this. The UK show is great. I have tried twice now to watch the domestic version and I haven't gotten through more than about 8 minutes either time. And I seriously tried. Crossing my fingers that they will take their game up a few notches.

Same here. No comparison between the two. Like RT, I can't get the English one anymore, but I can download a whole season at a time on Netflix.

One of my favorite episodes was when they featured Captain Slow traveling to Finland to interview Mika Hakkinnen. (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil S View Post
    Same here. No comparison between the two. Like RT, I can't get the English one anymore, but I can download a whole season at a time on Netflix.

One of my favorite episodes was when they featured Captain Slow traveling to Finland to interview Mika Hakkinnen. (sp?)
    Or as they put it, "some retired bloke"

I also liked when he went to a track to be coached by Jackie Stewart. After a few laps, they were sitting on the pit wall and May is looking at some old pictures of Stewart's racing career. He says 'I think your era was truly the greatest in F1' (or something like that). Stewart looks over and comments about how yeah, it was dangerous back then, and May holds up a pic of Stewart with crazy big '70's do and says 'no, I meant the hair'.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Angry

My satellite went out during the snow storm, 29 inches. The Donzi is a 38 ZR Comp running 700 HPs. That's as far as I got, the show repeats on Tuesday 9 pm. I should have my dish uncovered by than. They where running 90+ mph from Miami to Key West, I wish I was there.

It looks like the same Donzi the factory guys take to the poker runs. That sure is a beautiful boat.

The wife and I love watching the BBC Top Gear, but I havent subjected her to the American version (and never will).
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

I'm pretty sure that is Craig Barries boat.
    Did I spell his last name right?

Thread Information