Thread: 22ZX Shirty Windshields??

22ZX Shirty Windshields??

Anyone know if there is a short 4-6" smoked plexi windshield for my 97 22ZX?
    Last edited by Bartxfire; 12-16-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo in title

Cool

I have one on my 2006 22ZX. Came that way. Thus there must be a supplier for them through the factory. Perhaps a Donzi dealer can tell you the part numbers (left piece, right piece, center post, screws).

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

Thanks Guys..

The part is NLA. Spartech who used to make the windshield for them had closed down over a year ago.

I also deal with the company that bought them out how ever they are no longer offering it.

That said I can do a replacement for you, but I either need the boat, or the old one plastic windshield to use for a pattern at this time. Even if it is broken or in pieces we can usually still work from it..

If that may help you feel free to give me a shout to discuss it further.. Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

1997 22ZX windshields

Bart - I think you are asking if Donzi made a windshield for the 22ZX in 1997. The answer is basically no. The late 1999 22ZX was the first equiped with the small metal center post windshield commonly seen in photos used up to end of production in about 2006.

Before the 1999 model 22ZX, I have seen pictures of a small add-on "curl type" windshield on a couple of boats that look like donzi may have created this. This windshield, however, is fairly uncommon. Donzi styling at the time did not use a windshields; instead they were using a large "spray board" or "cowl." I am assuming your boat has this design. The windshield Donzi made for the 22ZX in 1999 was not added on to the top of this 1997 type cowl but rather replaced it so that the cowl pannel itself was shorter and the windshield was part of it and was no higher than the cowl type design.

To be honist with you, I like the boat without the windshield as the cowl was a style Donzi used on most of its boats at that time and it is very streamline in its look. The disadvantage to the cowl is that passengers and sometimes drivers that are short in stature cannot see over the cowl and are basically sitting in the boat blind or are on a cushion or sitting on their feet.

The little "lip curl" winshield I mentioned earlier that I have seen on a few early 22ZX is similar to the ones on the current production Donzi ZR - you might take a shot at copying one of these.

Not to confuse the issue, a very few Donzi 22ZX were equiped with a special order windshield from the larger 26ZX or 27ZX models - these boats had no cowl pannel at all and are unique boats unto themselves. This windshield was large about a foot high, was attached to the deck and was a complete wrap around windhield which had individual separate stands and hardware.
    Last edited by Dr. David Fleming; 12-17-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: clarity
    Dr. d

Thread Information