Thread: first time donzi here

first time donzi here

ok people i bought my first donzi 2001 22 classic super clean boat bought her in MD she will be prowling narragansett bay now any ideas with engine flushing??? she is put away for the winter for now i'll have some pics soon
    FISH HARD

Yes,you need to flush the motor everytime in salt.Is that your ?

the question is how??? should i stick with the garden hose and muffs... how bout that salt-away stuff??? i have an outboard that i flush with the garden hose i guess i will stick to that
    FISH HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermanjm View Post
    the question is how??? should i stick with the garden hose and muffs... how bout that salt-away stuff??? i have an outboard that i flush with the garden hose i guess i will stick to that
    Garden hose and muffs will work just fine.The big thing here is make sure you do it every time and dont let that salt sit in your risers.You can add a sea-strainer(a big help if you run in seaweeds) and have it go to the transom with a hose connection mounted for easy flushing.(I did that on my 28zx).I wouldnt waste my money on the salt-away stuff but,Iam sure someone here uses it and loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrucker View Post
    Garden hose and muffs will work just fine.The big thing here is make sure you do it every time and dont let that salt sit in your risers.You can add a sea-strainer(a big help if you run in seaweeds) and have it go to the transom with a hose connection mounted for easy flushing.(I did that on my 28zx).I wouldnt waste my money on the salt-away stuff but,Iam sure someone here uses it and loves it.
    I use it and love Salt Away. It absolutely works.

Thread Information