Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1983 22 Classic

1983 22 Classic

Hi guys! I am new to this forum and just purchased a 1983 22 Classic. This boat has 130 original hours and original Volvo power. Could this 22 be a time capsule? I have looked for other 22's from the early 80's and have yet to find one this old, and any vintage year with this few hours (130). At this point, I am not even sure if this boat is a 22C. It has a flush mounted black pop-up docking light at the very tip of the bow. Do you think this is a rare boat and could it possibly have an increased value because of its age and hours? Are you aware of any earlier or 1983 22C's? It is a one owner boat and has hung in the same dock for 27 years. Approximately 75% of its hours were from the single mechanic that has looked after this boat since it's purchase in 1983. This boat also has a hose fitting on the transom that allows you to run the motor while it is hanging in the dock, was this a Donzi Option?
    Thanks for all your help on this one!

a hull ID number would be a big help in identification
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Is this your boat?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...ZI-22-97028652

Welcome to the board.
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Donziweasel,
    Yes that is my boat. Any help or info about this vessel would be appreciated.
    The Hull # is DMR220650783

What a great find very nice!

Wow, now that is a clean blige/engine. I can believe it when you say it's only got 100-odd hours.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

It was good talking with you the other day Hope our discussion helped you.... Good to see you were able to work out a deal on the boat.. Jamie

BTW, yes that appears to be a proper Donzi Hin# and it is not uncommon to see some of these boats with a stern mounted flush attachment...

Looks like the hullsides may need to be "de-oxidized"...unless it is just the pictures not showing the true colors.

Member: Red Boat Club
    1996 22' Classic
    Volvo 7.4GSi/DPX (E-4 props)
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Looks like the hullsides may need to be "de-oxidized"...unless it is just the pictures not showing the true colors.
    Tony, yes you are correct. There is some light chalking on the hullsides. I don't know if this is blue paint or gelcoat. Any ideas on how to remove the chalk and restore the shine?

Quote Originally Posted by LKSD View Post
    It was good talking with you the other day Hope our discussion helped you.... Good to see you were able to work out a deal on the boat.. Jamie

BTW, yes that appears to be a proper Donzi Hin# and it is not uncommon to see some of these boats with a stern mounted flush attachment...
    Jamie it was a pleasure talking to you also. Thank you for all the advice! I will probably need more. I will be taking an extensive look at the boat tis weekend and will probably find some things I have questions about.

Quote Originally Posted by cimm View Post
    Jamie it was a pleasure talking to you also. Thank you for all the advice! I will probably need more. I will be taking an extensive look at the boat tis weekend and will probably find some things I have questions about.
    No problem, I'm here if ya need me.. Jamie / Lakeside

Welcome aboard. Clean it up and bring it to Tavares in March for the our Donzi lunch run. Keep you eyes on the Events section for news.

Make good use of the Search button at the top of the page. There is over 10 years of questions and answers on just about anything you can think about relating to your boat. For instance, try 'Sanding' or 'Polish'. This will get you started with bring back the shine.

You may want to invest in a decent polisher like the Makita 9227C or something similar. There are lots of different chemicals you can try such as 3M, Leverage, Aquabuff,......... If they don't work well you can go to wet sanding and then back to buffing and polishing.

Anyways, good luck with your new purchase and hope to see you at an event.

If you need a trailer and need a contact, let me know.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Great boat!!...keep it all original...please.

1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Jamie Thanks again!

Bob, I appreciate the warm welcome and the advice on cleaning up the hullsides. I have been searching all over this sight and have found a wealth of information here. You and the other members appear to have extensive information about the Donzi's and their history. I am still trying to find an info or pictures on the 1984, 1983, 1982 or 1981 22 Classics or 22 2+3's, I have yet to find anything. I may be also be interested in a trailer are you a dealer?

Superhatz, I do plan on keeping it original. I am going to put a good coat of wax on her clean her up this weekend and try to not make any modifications to the vessel as long as I own it. I think the pop-up docking light is a really cool option!

Thread Information