Thread: wtb Gen1 Lightning

wtb Gen1 Lightning

Looking for a clean used (low mileage) 93-95 Lightning.
    Prefer black with fold down center seat, but...
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

I'd love to help you; I've had two of them. Great trucks.

Not easy to find a good example these days, although prices are farily reasonable. My last one came from Detroit. Flew out and drove it back to CA towing my father's old bow rider. Not exactly a low miler, but there were none to be found locally.

Long gone now I'm afraid. And judging from the look of the kid that bought it I wouldn't be surprised if it's sitting on blocks somewhere now.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

lol!!!

I called on one that the truck was the kid's first car. He was selling it three years laster. I passed.

I think I'll like it better for towing my woodie and my Guzzis. Never could get over the sheer size of the Dodge Cummins I had...Just putting the car cover over it in my "crammed to the hilt" garage was a job.

Test drove a '94 Saturday...loved it, but there was some rust I wasn't happy about.
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Craig S View Post
    Looking for a clean used (low mileage) 93-95 Lightning.
    Prefer black with fold down center seat, but...
    i know where theirs 2 of them..they are both low miler's...

ill pm you the info..

Just got you message. Thanks for the phone number. I'll call him in a few. That may be a little cleaner than I'm looking for, but I appreciate it.
    Craig
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

Tied up a black '94 yesterday.
    Thanks.
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

I like 'em - they make a good tow rig for a modest sized boat like a Classic. The lowered/stiffer suspension works well when towing.

Now however you'll find you have to explain to all the kids that it's not the later supercharged version - after one appeared in a fast and furious movie, that seems to be the only version they know.

I usually answered them by saying 'no, mine doesn't have the blower, it's got the bigger engine'

Never mind that the gen2 trucks were faster. That's beside the point!

Want some real fun? Take it out to the track or an autocross. Trust me, you'll get some interesting looks!

There's also an on-line forum and club I used to belong to. There are plenty of kids and fools, but the first gen forum seemed to have more than a few knowledgable people who really knew their way around these trucks.

www.nloc.net
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

I hear ya! Seeing them run Hallett at Mid America Shelby meet is...quite an unexpected sight.

And the Lightning forums, thats how I got in contact with this particular one. Now to find a bed cover...its already got the tube bumper and the receiver hitch. And some aluminum wheels for the boat trailer!
    24' Nova Sprint 1971
    You are what you drive!

Thread Information