Thread: Classic Trailers, Inc. Sandusky, OH?

Classic Trailers, Inc. Sandusky, OH?

I need to locate the VIN number on my 1994 boat trailer manufactured by Classic Trailers, Inc. in Sandusky, OH. Any idea where to look on the trailer for a VIN number?

The trailer was repainted and I can't find the VIN no. anywhere and the phone number on the owners manual is disconnected. I need to be able to show it at the DMV to register the trailer. Any information would be much appreciated.

- Jeff
    1994 Donzi 18 Classic
    Carburated 350 Mercruiser Magnum/Alpha One

Cool

Try a PM to Dad's Thunder on this forum. He lives there and may have some idea how to find them. I'll call him and give him a heads up for you.

Mark
    Florida SEADOG
    DONZI - You meet the nicest people.
    2006 22ZX 350 Mag MPi/Bravo One Donzi Quixote
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44360

Thanks, after doing some more research I'm fairly certain they went out of business.
    1994 Donzi 18 Classic
    Carburated 350 Mercruiser Magnum/Alpha One

Quote Originally Posted by tamburello View Post
    Thanks, after doing some more research I'm fairly certain they went out of business.
    So many trailer companies have.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

If you already have the VIN, on paper, get a set of letter stamps and put the numbers on the under side of the tongue. Then scrape the paint around them. Show em to the registry people and then paint over them. Now you know where they are. Just a thought.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Quote Originally Posted by Tidbart View Post
    If you already have the VIN, on paper, get a set of letter stamps and put the numbers on the under side of the tongue. Then scrape the paint around them. Show em to the registry people and then paint over them. Now you know where they are. Just a thought.

B
    Sadly, the way many trailers are done this might be the only way to do it. If you've got the OEM documentation for the number, I don't see why this would be illegal - you're not changing anything.

I rebuilt an old trailer we had that had been sitting on our property for at least 15-20 years last year for my dinghy. I didn't see any numbers on the thing, and didn't have any paperwork for it. I took it down to the DMV and had it registered as a home-built. They never blinked an eye and issued a new sticker to put on the tongue.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Thread Information