Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 OB Baby Owners - How Many Are Left?

so any thoughts on value? i'm anxious to make an offer as i've been in the market for an early to mid 70's 15-18 boat to put my 1972 mercury 1400 on. i'd bascially recreate the exact boat and motor in the advertisement seen in the first post of this thread.

i'm new to donzi's and this boat recently surfaced and i can't think of a better one to put my engine on.

so before i make an offer i'd like an opinion from the donzi experts here. thanks guys.

hard to say on value. Depends on condition really. There are a couple babys for sale right now. The cheaper of the two is asking 6500 with an early 90's Merc 200. It has a wrong interior (re-done incorrectly). Mis-matched gauges and a few issues that need to be cleaned up. There is another asking 10k that looks (in pics) super nice with a newer 115 Merc.

Both of these come with trailers and are basically ready to be taken on the water.

So... use them as examples for pricing.

Without seeing any pictures, no engine, toasted interior, no info on instrumentation, tank condition, trailer included?, etc. it is tough to say.

I would offer $3,500. You will have $2,500-ish on replacing the interior correctly. If the tank is not in good shape (original), and needs to be replaced it could be $350 for new tank, but a LOT of work to remove the old and install a new one (search for "Deck off" threads. If it needs a gauge package, $150 and up, throttle/shift mechanism, $200. Steering cable? Throttle & shift cables? Trailer? Can the gel be sanded, polished, and waxed back to good condition, if you want that "new" look?
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

thanks for the input. i wish i had some pictures to post, but i do not. i know assigning a value based on a brief description isn't easy. anyway, i have an offer out there and i'll wait and see.........

any thoughts on the numbers i posted that were found on the foil sticker? if you look at the picture mermademarine posted of the white 16 with pink stripe, the sticker was found directly behind the split in the back cushion of the rear seat - right in front of the pink stripe.

anywhere else on the boat i should look for data? is there a HIN stamped or glassed in somewhere on the hull?

I think Poodle, on the .org site, will be able to get you information based on those numbers.

sorry - new here - but whats the ".org site"?

read post 42 in this thread if you are talking about 16 baby outboard hull number 100 it is the same boat that xmetal was looking at in the past

a Baby 16 would not have any info on outdrive

so the numbers you posted would be hull 100

one of the very few that was sold with a eggbeater most were sold-unpowered it was the serial number to the 85 evenrude

can you confirm the colors on the boat?

the HIN should be stamped on the upper starboard side of the transom by the hull deck joint
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

yeah - i saw that post by XMETAL. is he still around? anyone know if he bought that boat? i looked closely at his post and based on the sticker i found, it would indicate that i am looking at hull #100 as well. i need to find the HIN to verify if it's the same.

the boat may have had a repaint - if memory serves me correctly from when i looked at it, it had blue sides, a white bottom, a white top, and a red stripe down the middle.

maybe he's the guy i'm trying to buy from right now??? i sent him a PM.

you're going to need to find the HIN there should be a "B" in the number somewhere.
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

I know of 2 in Maine.

so i made a deal on the boat - picked it up tonight and it's now sitting in my driveway. it is the boat that member XMETAL was considering 7 months ago. it's a 1973 model, hull number DMR161000973B. the guy i bought it from has owned it since 1993. i'll get some pictures up this weekend.

congrats good luck
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

thanks - i see a lot of potential for this boat.

i found the listing on craigslist, but last night when i was talking with the seller, he had mentioned he posted it for sale on this website. i took a look and found his ad. here it is:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...xteen-outboard

you can see some pictures there. the aluminum trailer is in really nice shape. he also had the original red seat cushions that are in OK shape.

even though the deal is complete, i'd like to know what you guys think a fair price would be now that you can see some pictures. i think i got a good deal, and i'll let you know what i paid after i get a few thoughts as to it's value. thanks.

i posted a bunch of pics and asked a few questions over at the .org site (not really sure what the difference is between the two sites?)

anyway, here's the link:

http://www.donzi.org/forum/showthrea...-amp-Questions

if you guys could check it out and let me know your thoughts it would be appreciated. thanks.

Looking for a Baby 16 OB

I am looking for a Baby 160 OB in or around Long Island and the tri state area for under $7,000

get back to me soon if you know of one

Thread Information