Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 OB Baby Owners - How Many Are Left?

How do you know what # boat you have. Most likely Im buying the one in the classifieds. Heres the hull # if it helps.
    DMR161000973B

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]XMETAL
    How do you know what # boat you have. Most likely Im buying the one in the classifieds. Heres the hull # if it helps.
    DMR161000973B
    {$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

dmr donzi marine racing
    16 model
    100 100 hull built in that model
    09 sept
    73 1973

B outboard baby model

ob baby 16 hull number 100 built sept 1973
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Hey Matt thank you. Did Donzi start the count over with each new model year?

no at that point is was a running total production number , the newer boats went to a yearly total the HINs also changed

approx 170 ob baby 16 were built between 70 and 78
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Thank you. Ill keep you guys updated. This one might be coming to Maine.

16 OB in Pompano Beach, FL

[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]
    Restoring 1971 now in Pompano Beach. Long way to go.
    Mike B

16 OB in Pompano Beach, FL

Restoring 1971 now in Pompano Beach. Long way to go.
    Mike B

That boat looks "freakin awesome" as my kids would say....
    great job!

Wow, Jim!! That is over the top beautiful. It sounds like you had lots of hours in the restoration, but it shows. I didn't know there were dual prop outboards until now (I need to keep up a little better). Congratulations! Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Very cool Jim. I have 53 gallons in my tank. How long did you layout your tank? Nice to just fuel it and go.......forever. The HT guys make nice reliable, big power out of the Y2.6 for sure and it is still fairly light. It should be interesting to see what the dual prop does with some ponies behind her. I'm sure you have done this but be sure to go with solid mounts and go ARP bolt, double nyloc and loctice on the steering connect. I will wager you break into 70 once dialed in with no drama unlike my 2.5 280 lol. Very unique ride........1996 model year, correct? Post some running pics when you get around to it.....again really nice to see the job you did with her! Congrats
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Yet another 'WOW' job ... That's outstanding ! How long have you had that O/B duo prop unit hanging around ? I think I can vaguely remember them from some time back but can't recall the exact year.
    You know I know first hand how twin props work wonders on these boats but I'm sorry you don't have a before and after comparison.
    Otherwise I'd also be curious to know what you think of it's positive trim response.
    I kinda feel that they only really make a difference to a certain angle then start to loose grip.

Again ... WOW
    Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away !

Jim, on my 15" motor with Sportmaster I run the prop shaft dead even with the bottom of the hull for that application with either a Bravo or Fusion wheel. Now in your case, I assume that the TRP lower unit is more like the nose of a Torquemaster so below is a photo for you with some extra data points.

Morgan, your comment is an interesting one on the TRP. It might mean that the max efficiency of that particular drive will require Jim to install some wedges as he dials it in to keep the thrust angles in check on the TRP versus the factory transom angle.

Jim, throw a temp gauge on that 2.6 as you are fiddling around as cheap insurance. I think you will stay with that mill, I have a 1999 Promax 225 and may swap my 2.5 280HP for a stout 2004 225X that we are putting on the dyno in two weeks. Andy DiSario on the board also runs a 2003 225X on his 16 OB. I can't imagine with the round bottom on your hull that the TRP won't be the better fit though once you dial it in. What gears does it run? If you can get some shots while underway that would be interesting to see the attack angle and rooster it is throwing up.

Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Great job!

Wow, your boat looks great! I have a 19' pathfinder with a 150 V-Max and it has been a great motor for 8 years now. It is completely stock and the boat will run in the low 50's. Your Donzi is going to fly. I really like the twin captains chairs, that is a perfect set up. Enjoy and maybe I will see you out on the water in a year or two.
    Thank you,
    Mike

1972 Baby finally finished

my daughter said she wanted a boat but it had to be bigger than her brothers, ( he has a 15' flats skiff) had to have a steering wheel, (his has a 25hp tiller engine), and had to be pink!
    it took a year but is a cap off full rebuild.
    Donzi on trailer.jpg

help with baby 16 identification and value

hey guys - i'm bringing this old thread back to life as i've found what i'm told is a 1973 donzi 16 outboard. no motor on it, but hull looks to be in good shape. interior is toast. whats the value on a solid baby 16 hull? i found a sticker on it with the following data:

first box on sticker says: 16-100
    second box on sticker is labeled "OUTDRIVE NO." and the box is blank
    third box on sticker is labeled "ENGINE NO." and the box says "00003082". the first character was a bit blurry, but i think it was a "0".
    the very bottom of the sticker says "patent 3,162,167"

thats all i could make out. the very top of the sticker was missing, so i don't know if i got everything, but i know most of it is there. any other identification numbers on the hull i should look for? this sticker was found behind where the lounge seating rear cushion be, directly in front of the motor. any help in decifering these numbers? whats a rough estimate on value? solid hull, needs repaint, interior shot, no motor (has omc controls) and has a decent trailer.

thanks a lot.

Thread Information