Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lake Powell / Lake Havasu 2011

Lake Powell / Lake Havasu 2011

I'm interested in making another road trip out west again next year. Looking to see if we want to make an event of it. Rick, Farmer TX, Fegettes, Yeller or others have any thoughts/interest?

And what am I? Chopped liver?

Oh wait, my boat's not up and running so I guess I am...
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Andre,

I hope to be there. Did you know that I am in Phoenix? Unfortunately, both of my boats have been down this whole year. And this ain't right.

Steve

Would I like to go? You bet!

Will I have time to go? Have no idea.

I need at least two weeks off and preferably 3, to make the trip. I don't know if I'll be able to be away that many days in a row. I'd have to say count me out. If I am able to go, I won't know until spring.

I do encourage everyone to take their boat to Powell at least once in their life.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by yeller View Post
    Would I like to go? You bet!

Will I have time to go? Have no idea.

I need at least two weeks off and preferably 3, to make the trip. I don't know if I'll be able to be away that many days in a row. I'd have to say count me out. If I am able to go, I won't know until spring.

I do encourage everyone to take their boat to Powell at least once in their life.
    Quit being a sissy.....if I go will you lead the way down and show me where to go?

PS. Boat should be up and cooking by then....

We are thinking of skipping aoth next year and making more trips to Powell. Sometime in late June would work better for us. It's just getting too hard to get away in May.
    Wear 100% cotton or nothing at all
    '86 22-Classic 2+3
    '85 Criterion SS
    '84 Hornet III

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    Quit being a sissy.....if I go will you lead the way down and show me where to go?

PS. Boat should be up and cooking by then....
    Jeremy, if you commit to go, I'll do my best to get the time off. I might be able to squeak 2 wks off.

You'll have to leave your friggin' gum-boots at home though and you'll have to stay 1 mile behind me, because I'm not going to be seen traveling with a Scarab.

There's also several more guys that we would need to convince to go.......

Jeremy, if you commit to go, I'll do my best to get the time off. I might be able to squeak 2 wks off.

You'll have to leave your friggin' gum-boots at home though and you'll have to stay 1 mile behind me, because I'm not going to be seen traveling with a Scarab.

There's also several more guys that we would need to convince to go.......
    I will leave the gumboots at home, I have a Velcro Donzi logo for the side of the boat.....

PS. Do you think your "pup" truck would make the tow....?

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    PS. Do you think your "pup" truck would make the tow....?
    It's done it once before. It handles the boat better than the Dodge Ram it replaced......braking included.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I just might be able to get away for this.

Z-man, what time frame are you thinking about? Any later than early June and my chances of going get pretty slim. After Sept 1st is doable though. FarmerTx, could you go early June?

.......and Don, stop wasting your money on land vehicles and get the boat done.

You guys know I'm always here and always eager to have folks come out. We certainly missed you all last year.

We did a family houseboat trip on Powell last year at the end of June and may be doing it again next year, although we're not sure of the timing yet. Late June is still one of the best time periods at the beginning of summer then comes August-September for later in the summer. May and early June can be windy but it does starts to taper off at the end of May. Mid June to early July is good with minimal weather issues and warmer water. The Monsoon storms kick off in early June and last through mid to late August, then the weather is prime mid August through September.

I'm game for any time period. What do you guys think?
    RickS-E

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I just might be able to get away for this.

Z-man, what time frame are you thinking about? Any later than early June and my chances of going get pretty slim. After Sept 1st is doable though. FarmerTx, could you go early June?

.......and Don, stop wasting your money on land vehicles and get the boat done.
    Mid June would be OK.How early are you talking?
    Wear 100% cotton or nothing at all
    '86 22-Classic 2+3
    '85 Criterion SS
    '84 Hornet III

Me, Boo Boo and the twins are in......
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Our kids get out of school on Thursday June 9th. It would be tough for us to hit this second weekend in June but we could if we had too. So if Thurs thru Sunday then June includes,

June 9-12
    June 16-19
    June 23-26
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by farmer tx View Post
    Mid June would be OK.How early are you talking?
    After thinking about it some more, I really am getting ahead of myself. I should back away as I really don't know if I can swing it, so I shouldn't have any influence on the date.

I'll stand back and see what date is decided and then once it gets to late April I'll know if I can make it.

Thread Information