Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eleven feet of fun...

Lars can you translate, am I seeing 350HP out of that Rotax in the fine print?
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Thanks guys!!

Keep in mind that this was the first test-run of the season.
    Im at the time at work in Korea, and when i come home more performance parts are waiting to be mounted. The goal for this season is to go faster than 75knots (86mph) with a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Lars can you translate, am I seeing 350HP out of that Rotax in the fine print?
    That's right... the engine is putting out about 330-350hp at 22+psi boost

Trond, there is a guy here in the US that is known as "Wildman". He restored this 13 footer and mounted a Promax on it which makes about 240HP in stock form. He got it to 80.2MPH. You and he must have been brothers in another life! Let us know when you up the HP on your warship It is pretty amazing how smooth your rig runs at those speeds with that jet.

Sounds like a man i would like to meet!!

The advantage i have with the jetdrive is that i can go trough twists and turns at high speed with no drama at all. its very very stable... its almost not even scary hehe

I agree, that jets behavior is truly amazing. Keep your focus though and don't let it get the best of you as you strive for a higher number then 80mph in that little missle. I got chucked out of my Donzi 16 last fall at 79mph, even with many safety precautions Be safe and keep the updates coming, that is a really cool little boat

I'll keep you updated guys

The next upgrades is to mount the wideband lambda from www.innovatemotorsport.com and relocate the current mounting place.
    Link: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

Then I'm gonna focus on making an exhaust-muffler with custom homemade silent-choice system. The muffler will be mounted on the outside over the jetpump and the silent-choice will be activated by boost pressure.

I also have som bigger injectors and some performance parts for the jetpump to go on the next weeks. And I'm gonna change the impeller from 4-blade to a steep 3-blade.

Trond

Well... it's going towards selling the dingy
    I have to finance the next build... I will take as much videos from the final tuning and testruns as I can.

Here's the latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIkS...1&feature=plcp

Thread Information