Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 18 Outboard

18 Outboard

I just picked up one at least I think. Does anyone have any pics that I can use to compare?

I would hazard a guess that at least the transom should look like this?

[media]http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell599.jpg[/media]

Hard to tell in the pictures from the C/L ad but that transom doesn't look factory to me.....

Legend has it that there were 2 18 factory outboards made. Niether are currently accounted for. If yours is a factory 18 outboard, then it is a very rare Donzi.

Congratulations on the purchase.
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Well hopefully this will be the first. Im searching for literature from 1972 to try to find something to validate/compare this boat to. If anyone happens to know any of the Donzi employees or reps from that era please let me know. Someone has to have some info on paper somewhere about this boat.

Hin # ?
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

and pictures
    Please keep in mind I don't know anything......
    any information I have is made up.....
    and generally I am part of the problem
    VICE President-Weller's Bay DONZI Association

OFFICIAL LAKE GEORGE POKER RUN CHAMPION

Dl206 654

To clarify that's DL at the beginning of the hull #. I was told that it's not a Donzi. I can't post pics from my iPhone but if you look in classifieds there's a link to the original craigslist add. It has a few pics on it.

Xmetal, I have seen an old ad somewhere that had a pic of an 18 outboard on it. It was one of the two produced. Trying to remember where I saw it.
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

Yep, there was an old ad with a pic. Jim H. & I were talking about it the other day. Maybe he will post it when he finds it. It is one of the few pics I cannot find currently in my stash..

There were supposedly 2 of the boats made, Supposedly one of the 2 were crushed & the other one's whereabouts are unknown according to Jim.

After seeing the pics of the red boat & its' #'s it is not the true 18' Donzi OB. However it does have some Donzi influence in it, even if only with some of the hardware placement & deck body rolls.

Jamie / Lakeside

I do have the pic's at home, they were NOT red... in fact I think they were yellow and white... nonetheless the pic's are now .ORG library property and are/will be watermarked as such, so they will be found over there..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    I do have the pic's at home, they were NOT red... in fact I think they were yellow and white... nonetheless the pic's are now .ORG library property and are/will be watermarked as such, so they will be found over there..
    I know that the boat in the ad was not red. I meant the boat he looked at was red..
    Im still looking to see I have a pic of an 18ob from an old ad yet. I have not gone thru all of my old ads that I have from various magazines & old literature. I know the one I sent you the other day was from an old Evinrude ad, but that was a 16 as we discussed..

I will take a look at the other site & shoot him a link to it if I see it there on your site, so he can see what it should have looked like.. Jamie / Lakeside

(below are the pics of the Red non donzi he was looking at)

Here are some more pics & this is the link to the CL ad..

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/2012288835.html

Check out the ad in CL north jersey Posting ID 2053854668 Someone is Looking for your 18 Donzi outboard and has info on it

An old member on this board... Ken Wallis had an 18 outboard..
    It was stolen and painted black.. Last I heard it was still in the Pefferlaw area

That is Lake Simcoe Ontario Canada

I will try to get in touch with him soon..........................Ed

Thread Information