Thread: Blew my motor

Blew my motor

Ok,
    Some of you have already seen my posts of my broken motor, which was a 496. FYI--I had just bought and installed a nitrous kit on it and am 90% sure that's the reason the engine came apart. (broke an exhaust valve).
    Anyway, I am a very positive person and always look for the bright side of things. So------I saw this as the perfect oportunity to add some cubic inches to the Hornet III. The next configuration will be a 540 cid, aluminum heads, vic jr intake, 850 demon, stainless marine exhaust, and custom made camshaft from Bob Madera.
    Have not made a decision about taking off the nitrous system yet.

Here we go!

Flying Tomato (non flying right now)

Carry the weight, carry the cubes!!!! 540-572-632ci Make the power without the gas.

mrfixxall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flying tomato View Post
    Ok,
    Some of you have already seen my posts of my broken motor, which was a 496. FYI--I had just bought and installed a nitrous kit on it and am 90% sure that's the reason the engine came apart. (broke an exhaust valve).
    Anyway, I am a very positive person and always look for the bright side of things. So------I saw this as the perfect oportunity to add some cubic inches to the Hornet III. The next configuration will be a 540 cid, aluminum heads, vic jr intake, 850 demon, stainless marine exhaust, and custom made camshaft from Bob Madera.
    Have not made a decision about taking off the nitrous system yet.

Here we go!

Flying Tomato (non flying right now)
    if you are goint to use the nos make sure you use hell fire rings if youe going to put more then 150 shot through it..i use to run nos but it was out of control in my boat..i had a stand alone 2 gal fuel tank with nos 116 racing fuel and fuel system.also you want a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel side with a regulator,i ran mine at 6 lbs..run the fuel side richer or you can run more fuel pressure..get another nos solenoid and purge the nos back into the motor because having stale nos will cause a hick up and blow the hatch off..you have to be in the upper rpm to purge tho..

did you get a tall deck? i have a bryant 4.75 lightweight crank i want to get rid of..willl make you a 4.600 bore = 632 cid that autta brake some chit

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but if you look back at your pictures where the corrosion exists inside the head gasket opening,
    this is a perfect example of electrolysis in dissimilar metals.
    Unless you replace the aluminum heads w/coated aluminum heads, or better yet, a closed cooling system, unfortunately, it'll happen again.

OTOH, I wish you well.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

A 632 would be awesome....
    Cheers,
    Pismo
    1996 22 Classic
    Red with Stainless Windshield
    Stock Gen VI 502 Magnum MPI-415hp
    Stock Bravo I
    25" Mirage Plus
    74.5mph best @ 5050rpm GPS (Speedo said 80)
    27" Labbed Mirage Plus
    75.5mph best @ 4800rpm GPS (Speedo said 82)

Do it big... Then I can go on it... I just heard about the Nitros from JimG a couple of weeks ago. Just missed you at the Boat Show.

TMANN

1997 Donzi Classic 22'
    454 Mag - Clear Lake, Texas

Thread Information