Thread: winterizing my AC system ?

winterizing my AC system ?

always run pink thru and put away but was told all i need to do is blow air from seacock thru ac and push out water do i need to worry about moisture or hurting anything i already use air to do my water system

only benefit of antifreeze is the corrosion resistance. with just an air blow out you won't get that. It's a moot point if you boat in fresh water though.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

the pink stuff will start to gel up at *17 and freeze at *0,,i would just blow the cooler line out with air..theirs no corrosion protection with the pink stuff,if anything it will plug things up if it sits in the system to long.

or do both

if there is water in an area that doesn't get blown out by the air it would be better it have anitfreeze in it than just straight water that is going to freeze and possibly do damage
    Please keep in mind I don't know anything......
    any information I have is made up.....
    and generally I am part of the problem
    VICE President-Weller's Bay DONZI Association

OFFICIAL LAKE GEORGE POKER RUN CHAMPION

You guys that have air take a look at the cooling tube that winds around the unit, notice it is fed from the bottom. It drains down when not in use, low spots in the supply lines and possibly the pump can be concerns. The pumps are mounted below the water line and have magnet drive impellers, they are not positive pressure pumps like rubber impeller pumps. Very few will not drain out completely, take a minute or two to look over the hose routing. As long as there is no high spot between the pump and the sea cock that could trap water you will have no issues, if there is a possible water trap blow it out or pull the line off.

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Thread Information