Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Donzi VS Fountain...who would win ??

Donzi VS Fountain...who would win ??

Right.....

there has always been a rumour that fountain powerboats are faster than Donzi coz they are way lighter (in flat water though)....Donzi beats the sh*t out of fountain in the rough stuff and believe me i can proove it !!

Ok here's what i got, this summer was my first summer with my donzi 26zx...my buddy has a fountain 27 fever and was also his first summer with it...both boats powered with stock 502 415hp...though mine is a carb my buddies fountain is mpi.

I ran 64mph on gps the fountain ran 58mph on gps, both engines are in good condition he has CMI exhausts on his. @ first i thought it could be his prop...answer is no he is spinning it @ about 5100 rpm and it is a hydromotive 24p 4b the best prop for the 27 fever.

And there's more....he cant keep up with me when it gets a bit rough now im not saying 5-6ft waves more like 3-4ft, and he's a good driver this boat is emberassing him....trust me guys....

so whats the big deal about reggie's boats being the fastest ?? when in my scenario, the donzi is heavier and runs faster....now that's weird.

I'll always stick to donzi...makes me proud

Donzi. I didnt read what you posted, just the title.
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

Not only is the beak ugly
    it slows the boat down . . .

His boat isn't running up to par. I'm no defender of beak boats, but a friend of mine had that same boat and it was a 64 mph boat. Lake Michigan is where he ran and it is around 650 elevation I think.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Well, I fear Donzi and Fountain will be doing a lot of running together before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by DonZi 26 View Post
    Right.....

there has always been a rumour that fountain powerboats are faster than Donzi coz they are way lighter (in flat water though)....Donzi beats the sh*t out of fountain in the rough stuff and believe me i can proove it !!

Ok here's what i got, this summer was my first summer with my donzi 26zx...my buddy has a fountain 27 fever and was also his first summer with it...both boats powered with stock 502 415hp...though mine is a carb my buddies fountain is mpi.

I ran 64mph on gps the fountain ran 58mph on gps, both engines are in good condition he has CMI exhausts on his. @ first i thought it could be his prop...answer is no he is spinning it @ about 5100 rpm and it is a hydromotive 24p 4b the best prop for the 27 fever.

And there's more....he cant keep up with me when it gets a bit rough now im not saying 5-6ft waves more like 3-4ft, and he's a good driver this boat is emberassing him....trust me guys....

so whats the big deal about reggie's boats being the fastest ?? when in my scenario, the donzi is heavier and runs faster....now that's weird.

I'll always stick to donzi...makes me proud
    1. Does he have a windlass?
    2. Is it fully in the 'up' position?
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

His boat is not running right or he can't drive it. He should be a little faster in the glass and you should be a little faster in the rough.

I pass most 27 Fevers like they are tied to the dock regardless of conditions. I have a friend with a 29 Fountain that is faster than mine. He is pumping 1,500hp thought. Both of our boat can get scary over 90-95 so we will probably never race. We have fun running together though.

I did a lot of homework before I did my 26ZX project. Bang for the boat it was my best option
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

ask Dr Dan
    Please keep in mind I don't know anything......
    any information I have is made up.....
    and generally I am part of the problem
    VICE President-Weller's Bay DONZI Association

OFFICIAL LAKE GEORGE POKER RUN CHAMPION

that's what i thought @ first that he wasnt driving it right.....but i rode with him....it starts to pick up speed pretty nicely as the rpm increase as it reaches 5000-5100 speed stops at 58mph....dont really know what the problem could be. The prop is the stock one, so you cant blame that and the engine is in good condition.....oh and btw it weighs about a 1000lbs less than the donzi 26zx....Try and explain this to MR. REGGIE FOUNTAIN claiming that his boats are the fastest in every category!!!

Owned a 27 Fountain...

and while it is very easy, and very common, to trash talk Reggie's products, here are the facts:

1) The 502MPI stepped 27 runs 67-70 bone stock from the factory, not 58.

2) My stepped 27 boat had a carbed 500 with Gil headers. It ran 74-76 in Texas heat.

There is no way my 500 boat was 18 miles per hour faster than your buddy's 502 boat. Them's the facts.

Trash talk Fountain all you want, but why don't you take that lost energy and help your friend find the lost speed? And oh, BTW, it may not be the case now, but all of my late-90's vintage Fountains were football fields ahead of the Donzi build quality at that time.

Oh really is that so.... so since you're a veteran about them fountains why dont you try and identify the problem...NO coz there's no problem ! you think that we didnt work on that ? but theres nothing that one can do those are the facts...i think the 75-76 you get are surely not on gps....how much are we gonna take off ?? maybe 6miles...thats reasonable....and there's more maybe this is only one case... however power to weight ratio DONZI is by far a better....as Donzi say...''we make heavy boats go fast'' so if fountain had to reach the same speed as my the donzi, the honour would go to Donzi as it is 1000lbs heavier....so there you go bud, its like the 27 fever is running just with the driver and im running with 10 chick on my boat, but hey we're running head to head....now that's emberassing!!!

Are we done yet ? no wait there's more, in rough water donzi's pass by fountains riding like a dream unlike the fountains they're struggling to keep the water off the deck and trying to keep steady but they cant !!

Don aronow's boats are what they call HEAVY STUFF like the legend itself The CIG

Time for popcorn and a cold beer!!!
    "YIPPY-KAI-YAY"
    1993 Donzi Classic 22 by Chris Craft...
    White with Yellow stripes...
    502 King Cobra...
    Its hard to be humble when you own a Donzi. (In my humble opinion).
    To hear it run...click the link below...
    http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/a...er_media_share

what year is the Fountain, what year is your boat?

Must be Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by DonZi 26 View Post
    Oh really is that so.... so since you're a veteran about them fountains why dont you try and identify the problem...NO coz there's no problem ! you think that we didnt work on that ? but theres nothing that one can do those are the facts...i think the 75-76 you get are surely not on gps....how much are we gonna take off ?? maybe 6miles...thats reasonable....and there's more maybe this is only one case... however power to weight ratio DONZI is by far a better....as Donzi say...''we make heavy boats go fast'' so if fountain had to reach the same speed as my the donzi, the honour would go to Donzi as it is 1000lbs heavier....so there you go bud, its like the 27 fever is running just with the driver and im running with 10 chick on my boat, but hey we're running head to head....now that's emberassing!!!
    Are we done yet ? no wait there's more, in rough water donzi's pass by fountains riding like a dream unlike the fountains they're struggling to keep the water off the deck and trying to keep steady but they cant !!
    Don aronow's boats are what they call HEAVY STUFF like the legend itself The CIG
    As a great leader once said, "There you go again!"

Let's start with your last comment and set the record straight and quickly, a Donzi is no Cigarette. And my speeds posted were GPS verified. I owned the boat, I know. Take it or leave it, the facts are what they are.

I have also spent a significant amount of time in the ZX boats. They run pretty dam good. So this isn't about slamming one or the other make of boat. I had a good experience in the Fountains, but I own a Donzi now, and have for a decade.

If you are sincere about trying to help your buddy, as opposed to slamming his make of boat on the WWW, here are a few places to start:

1) The bottom. Check the last three to four feet with a straight edge for a hook.
    2) The skeg. Is it straight and is the drive straight in the assembly?
    3) The prop. Send it to a shop for a check-up.
    4) The engine. When was the last time the ECM was scanned? When was the last time it had a leak down done? Check the plugs and wires. Check the distributor. Run some injector cleaner through it. And check the TPS sensor, the 502's are notorious for this problem.

Nice place to start.

Your buddy's 502 boat is not a 58 mile per hour boat, so give the rhetoric a rest, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Eller View Post
    Time for popcorn and a cold beer!!!
    Sure is. TGIF.

Thread Information