Thread: Philadelphia Antique & Classic Boat Show

Philadelphia Antique & Classic Boat Show

11th Annual Philadelphia Antique & Classic Boat Society River Cruise and Show Saturday, October 2, 2010.

I took the Donzi to an ACBS show last weekend on Lake Clark (Susquehanna River) and got a great reception. My old 1970 ski sporter was there as well and both boats received a lot of attention and held there own surrounded by all the very nice wood boats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!

sweet 16

I saw that 16 at the Mt Dora show. Spoke to the gentleman and he said he was from Philly. Just had finished up the boat before taking it to Mt Dora. Everything about the boat was beautiful.

He also ran it the week prior at the Classic Raceboat Association Show in Tavares also...

Yep that’s the boat

You are correct that’s the Mt Dora and Travers boat and owner who hosted the event last weekend. When I decided to buy the 1972 18 2+3 a good guy was hot to buy my 16 so I sold it to him last year. The new owner is someone who has the resources (Long Level Marina owner) to take it to another level and will take very good care of her so I decided to part with it. It was a tough choice because of the good memories I have of my Dad enjoying the DONZI and as I have discussed with Jay this 40 year old boat is a time capsule and needed to be sold to someone who will take care of it. I have the satisfaction of knowing that this great boat will live on and be well taken care of for many years to come. The two boats remain next to each other in the old boat house and I’m able to see her anytime I want to and get a ride every now and then. In addition to the Donzi the new owner has a nice collection of classic wood and fiberglass boats as well.

I remember selling some parts for a Donzi to a guy @ longlevel a while back.

Good to see a nice array of stuff @ the show there. An ol Shepherd, A CC Silver Arrow & 2 Donzi's representing..

Jamie / Lakeside

He was telling me about the Chris Craft he had. Beautiful picture, beautiful boat. Remember him telling me that he had a collection but didn't know he owned a marina.

A few more pictures from the show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information