Thread: X-18 in Brandy Pond/Long Lake, Naples ME

X-18 in Brandy Pond/Long Lake, Naples ME

Hi everyone...

I figured I'd post a few pictures of one of our outings yesterday here in Naples, ME. We have a great time on our '76 X-18, and Donzi's were representing well all afternoon; three 18's, our X, and our neighbor's 16. We ended up getting 57mph on the GPS. Bumped into a fellow Registry member as soon as we launched of the trailer. Any other members up this way?

-Kevin

Nice pix!

My daughter goes to camp in Harrison, ME.

Pretty country.

Nice pictures indeed

Looks like a nice day on the lake. When I first saw Naples on your title I was thinking of Fl. where my Dad has a condo. Summer is short in the NE.

Great set of photos.....!

Bluuuuue.......

Wow, that water looks great.....blue is good! All American, Red/White Donzi on Blue water.....
    Oledawg
    Raconteur, bon vivant, curmudgeon
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC
    - Heart of the Uwharrie Mountains

'88 Donzi Classic 22 "Bad Nuff" - 482 stroker 454, Bravo One, Solas 4 blade, Red/White hull, White Deck ( "drivin" boat )

'87 Correct Craft Riviera "Oledawg" - 454 PCM ( "cruzin" boat )

"A man without a boat is a prisoner" - Faronese proverb

Talking It was me yesterday in 02 18C

I put - in at bottom of Sebago yesterday and went by "Donzi row" on the river- pond. We went up to the end of LL. I was hoping ya'll were coming out to play. I try to get over there once a year . So lets stay in touch. Who' got the Big silver 38' ish(?)Donzi I saw running on Long yesterday..... with the big rooster. AND... We couldn't find the "beer fest" , (3 bands) on Sebago yesterday. Sebago was ruff, windy and wet............. Michael

Mike, was that you that I talked to briefly on the Songo? I had the attention span of a fly at that time. We were about 5 minutes behind you going out, and ended up staying in the pond for a bit...Raced my friend in his restored 16 around 6, and went up to Long Lake for ice cream at 8.

Talking Round Round get, I get a Round....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakari View Post
    Mike, was that you that I talked to briefly on the Songo? I had the attention span of a fly at that time. We were about 5 minutes behind you going out, and ended up staying in the pond for a bit...Raced my friend in his restored 16 around 6, and went up to Long Lake for ice cream at 8.
    Yep it was. I came over last yr also in my 95 sweet 16. Day trip, lower Sebago to LL and only went 1/2 up LL, caused we turned around and had lunch at the place (red with deck) that had a band playing on the lawn on LL. I saw the twin outboard sutphen "river" neighbor of yours running on LL lake last yr. Couldn't catch him with the 16. Yesterday, in the 18c, went all the way up to the end of LL. Had to dry off, got soaked on Sebago, looking for that frigging beer fest. I think I saw a red 22c on a mooring left side lower brady P, had a yellow go fast outboard next to it. Plenty of Donzi's in your neighborhood. Lets all get together next summer. Ill come over.

Must have just missed you all

I was on Long Lake and Brandy all morning but left around 1pm when the wind started to kick up. I was the only Donzi out there! Cool to know there is a group that gets together up here. I'm out of Falmouth and have a 1990 Sweet 16, white w/ black stripe.

Let me know the next time everyone meets up.
    -Jags

Sold---DONZI Sweet 16

WTB 22zx Non-Step Hull

Beautiful X-18, my favorite Donzi of them all.
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

Late season boaters I see.I live not to far from there I boated there all my life and have kept my Boat at port harbor marine indoors.I have a 05 22c white with blk stripe and Hullsides with blackhawk drive I am in for a Boating day and maybe a beer ?.pm me I am in.mike.

Nice looking X-18
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Thanks to all for the compliments! I'll be back up the weekend of the 9th, probably pull her for the season then. The Songo is turning into Donzi Alley! We'll have to set something up for next summer, maybe do the poker run on Sebago? Our place is just North of the locks...stop by and say hi if you see me on the dock!

Thumbs up Plenty

Pearson hangs on the Songo with Mr. Magoo and the Weavers in Aug sometime. I have a friend in Jordon bay sebago that owns 2, an older 18c and a 01 22c. So there's plenty of boats for some fun........

Thread Information