Thread: Oil pressure Bravo one

Oil pressure Bravo one

my Bravo 1 drive pushes the drive-oil out of the reservoir when I drive fast. I first thought I had too much oil inside but the reservoir is almost empty and it still builds up so much pressure that oil comes out of it... is there a functional mistake, water/air in the oil or just a seal missing in the reservoir cap?
    A friend had the same issue and it stopped after a while but mine looks like it will not stop.

Any suggestions? Oil change neccessary?

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by axelkloehn View Post
    my Bravo 1 drive pushes the drive-oil out of the reservoir when I drive fast. I first thought I had too much oil inside but the reservoir is almost empty and it still builds up so much pressure that oil comes out of it... is there a functional mistake, water/air in the oil or just a seal missing in the reservoir cap?
    A friend had the same issue and it stopped after a while but mine looks like it will not stop.

Any suggestions? Oil change neccessary?

first thins is to pull the lower drain plug and see if oil comes out or water..if it all looks good then theirs a check ball where the drive mates to the transom,,it may be sticking,, or you may have a air bubble in the drive if you didnt fill it from the bottom hole up..

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    first thins is to pull the lower drain plug and see if oil comes out or water..if it all looks good then theirs a check ball where the drive mates to the transom,,it may be sticking,, or you may have a air bubble in the drive if you didnt fill it from the bottom hole up..
    oil was changed and than the drive was lying in my garage for almost a year, I just put it on w/o changing the oil again. Just added oil in the reservoir. Could there probably be an air bubble from lying around? Looks like it needs an oil change. Anyone knows how much oil it needs? I can't remember

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

if it was laying on its side then that would be the problem, you have a air bubble..if the oil is still good i would [ull the upper plut and let it sit but the resivour will drane and would have to be refilled.

yep, will try that, thanks. How much does go in there? Just in case if oil is not good anymore. Anyone knows?
    I know I pump it up till it flows from the upper hole, close it and fill the reservoir, but need to buy enough oil tomorrow and take it with me.

Three litres gives you a little extra.....

great, transferred in litres already, makes it easy for me thanks guys

We never remove the top plug, we do a full drain then fill it until it comes up to level in the reservoir. Doing it that way they rarely burp any air. The ball check valve in the gimble does nothing more then stop the reservoir from draining all over the floor when you pull the drive is is held in the open position by the drive!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

ok, haven't done it yet, weather is too bad. Thanks for your help, will do it the MOP way

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

But i have had a few that would not allow the fluid to get past the check ball,,if you done see the reservoir rise then you have to revert to the old method

Thread Information