Thread: numbers

numbers

tried another prop today with my GT21, OMC 14.25x21 which I put on my Bravo 1 with standard sbc (around 260 hp).
    What do you think about the numbers? Am I getting closer to the right setup?
    I got this prop from ebay for 30$, guess the result is not too bad for this price! Still sensitive with wrong trimming (trim gauge not working, broke my sender inside)!

If the weather allows I will try a 23 Quicksilver mirage this weekend, wonder if it will beat the omc-prop?
    btw: Navigon GPS showed the same as my speedo!!

mrfixxall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by axelkloehn View Post
    tried another prop today with my GT21, OMC 14.25x21 which I put on my Bravo 1 with standard sbc (around 260 hp).
    What do you think about the numbers? Am I getting closer to the right setup?
    I got this prop from ebay for 30$, guess the result is not too bad for this price! Still sensitive with wrong trimming (trim gauge not working, broke my sender inside)!

If the weather allows I will try a 23 Quicksilver mirage this weekend, wonder if it will beat the omc-prop?
    btw: Navigon GPS showed the same as my speedo!!

I think you going to turn your best speed with a 21p mirage +

Your trim gauge is in side ways.

57 mph from a small block in a GT21 seems pretty good to me. The rpms also seem right about where you would want them for a stock 260 hp 350 Chevy.
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

Bill, yes, it is sideways I turned it like this cause to make it look like the fuel gauge... sometimes for me appearance/look is more important than function, many of my things look good but don't work right, strange isn't it? I must admit, I should turn it back when it works.

Any of you have ideas to get it up to 60-65 mls without spending a fortune? I already think about manifolds, headers/risers, MSD-ignition, crossbar for circulation pump... may be a 383 block...?

Every input is welcome

It just takes more power.
    Vortec heads are an easy bolt on 40-50 HP.
    Then anything that bolts onto the outside and
    can be used w/the new 38 block.3
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information