Thread: Redundant I am Sure....

Redundant I am Sure....

OK, dumb question time, probably my "old timers" kicking in and I promise I will write it down, but the standard prop rotation is ____? And what is the difference between a Mirage and a Mirage Plus for the same number, ie a 25P for example?

Had a nice run up the lake the other day and using gps the max was 67.8 mph ( C22 with slightly modified 454, cam, Edelbrock manifold, Holley 850 DP, etc, ).

I run a stock 27P Mirage and am thinking that a 25P might get me a mile or two more. I tried a labbed 23P off of a Pachanga that pulled quite a few more rpm's but was prone to cavitation on hole shot and more than a little squirrely at top end. My 27P is solid as a rock at all speeds and maybe is the best all around for my boat, but again, just curious....
    Oledawg
    Raconteur, bon vivant, curmudgeon
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC
    - Heart of the Uwharrie Mountains

'88 Donzi Classic 22 "Bad Nuff" - 482 stroker 454, Bravo One, Solas 4 blade, Red/White hull, White Deck ( "drivin" boat )

'87 Correct Craft Riviera "Oledawg" - 454 PCM ( "cruzin" boat )

"A man without a boat is a prisoner" - Faronese proverb

Originally, I thought the difference was that a Mirage + had a rubber hub and the Mirage had a solid hub, but after seeing a post a few months ago, I am not 100% sure.

Bob
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

mrfixxall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oledawg View Post
    OK, dumb question time, probably my "old timers" kicking in and I promise I will write it down, but the standard prop rotation is ____? And what is the difference between a Mirage and a Mirage Plus for the same number, ie a 25P for example?

Had a nice run up the lake the other day and using gps the max was 67.8 mph ( C22 with slightly modified 454, cam, Edelbrock manifold, Holley 850 DP, etc, ).

I run a stock 27P Mirage and am thinking that a 25P might get me a mile or two more. I tried a labbed 23P off of a Pachanga that pulled quite a few more rpm's but was prone to cavitation on hole shot and more than a little squirrely at top end. My 27P is solid as a rock at all speeds and maybe is the best all around for my boat, but again, just curious....

standard prop rotation would be tha most common prop rotation that boat mfr's use which would be( right rotation )

the differance in a migage and a mirage + ,,,, mirage + has more rake to the blade and is usually a bigger diameter compared to a regular mirage..they also tend to give you more bow lift..

More cup to the Mirage Plus...Go up an inch. A 25" MPlus is like a 26" Mirage. Hard to find those standard Mirage props...
    Cheers,
    Pismo
    1996 22 Classic
    Red with Stainless Windshield
    Stock Gen VI 502 Magnum MPI-415hp
    Stock Bravo I
    25" Mirage Plus
    74.5mph best @ 5050rpm GPS (Speedo said 80)
    27" Labbed Mirage Plus
    75.5mph best @ 4800rpm GPS (Speedo said 82)

Prop.....

OK, so if I am getting this, a 25P Mirage Plus RH might be a good one to try? There is one on eBay that has been labbed..... thoughts?
    Oledawg
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC

'88 Donzi Classic 22 "Bad Nuff" - 482 stroker 454, Bravo One, Solas 4 blade, Red/White hull, White Deck ( "drivin" boat )

25p

OK, just bought a labbed 25P Mirage Plus on eBay....now we shall put theory to the test and see what we actually get......
    Oledawg
    Other duties as assigned

Lake Tillery, NC

Thread Information