Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good deal for new 09 Classic 009 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by cutwater View Post
    Personally, I'm a fan of the 009...
    This pic makes me a fan too!!!! It's the other angles of it that don't sit right for me

I think it looks great. I think the offset stripe rocks.

I could take or leave the scoop on the motorbox.

My only issue is the flag, which I think should be easily removed. I love the idea of it. I don't think it works in the proportions they chose. If I bought one, I think I would lose the flags. The "009 Even-More-Limited Edition."

"I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think it looks great. I think the offset stripe rocks.

I could take or leave the scoop on the motorbox.

My only issue is the flag, which I think should be easily removed. I love the idea of it. I don't think it works in the proportions they chose. If I bought one, I think I would lose the flags. The "009 Even-More-Limited Edition."
    Agreed 100%. I like the flag in concept, but proportionally it's tough given where they placed it. Otherwise, I think the boat rocks.
    1988 Minx / Testarossa edition
    1965/6 Ski Sporter 351W/Eaton (doesn't run)

Here's the beauty 009...the more I look at it the more I want it. I will find a way.

1988 Minx / Testarossa edition
    1965/6 Ski Sporter 351W/Eaton (doesn't run)

+1 on flag delete..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by Selenium View Post
    Here's the beauty 009...the more I look at it the more I want it. I will find a way.
    Sweet! Go for it. Keep the flags!
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

I always enjoy it when these conversations come up. It's a real privilege to have a hand in creating something that people will be debating for quite some time.

We considered going without the flag but it was distinctive, it made the boats immediately identifiable, and it created a direct correlation between past and present, as we juxtaposed the new 22 and 35 alongside historic photos of the old 008.

However, there's a reason we made the flag a decal, while the "DONZI 009" was painted-on! There's something to be said for "love it or hate it" design cues, but at the end of the day the goal is still to sell your creations.

Funny, I know of at least one 22C 009 that was "deflagged" by a dealer for a boat show only to have the customer take delivery and call us wanting his flags. Murphy's law!

One of the nicer (in my opinion), yet less talked-about design cues of the 009 is the carbon fiber dash panel than spans the whole dash. After years of flush mounting the gauges into fiberglass, switching to the panel (with glossy carbon fiber) and the black leather steering wheel gave the dash a real fresh look.

+1! That is one badass looking boat. I've thought that from the first time I sawthat edition. Classy right out of the factory.

Josh;
    Is that a faux carbon finish on that panel, or the real thing?
    I really like it.
    I'll have a full width panel and I've been contemplating different materials.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Josh;
    Is that a faux carbon finish on that panel, or the real thing?
    I really like it.
    I'll have a full width panel and I've been contemplating different materials.
    Hi George,

It's actual laminated carbon fiber. It's got great depth to it, especially in sunlight. I'd love to sell you one! It'd be an honor to be even remotely associated with the epic "Now I'm Getting Serious" thread!

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by DonziJosh View Post
    Funny, I know of at least one 22C 009 that was "deflagged" by a dealer for a boat show only to have the customer take delivery and call us wanting his flags. Murphy's law!...
    My black 2002 22SE was deflagged by Island One Marine who requested removal of the "Special Edition" scripts from the hull sides and Donzi Crest from the deck. The dealer said it made the boat look ugly.
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by DonziJosh View Post
    Hi George,

It's actual laminated carbon fiber. It's got great depth to it, especially in sunlight. I'd love to sell you one! It'd be an honor to be even remotely associated with the epic "Now I'm Getting Serious" thread!

Josh
    That's tempting, but I'll have more gauges, and other differences.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    That's tempting, but I'll have more gauges, and other differences.
    Really?! I'm shocked! We could get you a blank panel, but your specs probably call for laser-cut aluminosilicate glass or...something. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

One year, one of only 18 made? That's got to be worth something down the road. I think it's a great looking and great running boat. Love the black.
    1998 22 Classic

And the Lord said "LET THERE BE FEAR" and so was created a BIG BLOCK CHEVY. GOT BOOST!

Thread Information