Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good deal for new 09 Classic 009 Limited

Is this a good deal for new 09 Classic 009 Limited

Brand new 09 never seen the water except at the factory. Asking 60K comes with trailer. Good deal?

On the 22 Classic 009 Edition, an aggressively-styled high performance engine
    hatch with a molded fiberglass scoop conceals a single 496 HO installed with a
    raised X-dimension, propelling this latest iteration of Donzi's venerable icon
    to the 80 mph mark. Other unique features of the 22 Classic 009 include a custom
    carbon fiber dash panel, leather-wrapped steering wheel with 009 insignia,
    authentic throwback racing graphics, a center-fill fuel cap, and a commemorative
    dash plaque. Only 18 22 Classic 009s will be offered.

My understanding is that dealers must keep a price at a certain level for a year on a new boat. Then they can get what they can for it. There will be others to confirm or deny this. With that said, it has been on a dealer lot for quite some time.......

With the market an economy..... I would guess you get a lot lower, but at the very least I would try. JMHO

Sounds like a great boat.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

It sounds like a decent price and these are very attractive boats. One problem is that Donzi made so many "special editions" that they really don't hold much value over a standard 22C so don't buy it hoping that it will become collectible. Also, I'm not a fan of the 496 engine but there are solutions to that. If you really like the boat, buy it. If this is in a dealer's stock they may be motivated....
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Selenium View Post
    Brand new 09 never seen the water except at the factory. Asking 60K comes with trailer. Good deal?

On the 22 Classic 009 Edition, an aggressively-styled high performance engine
    hatch with a molded fiberglass scoop conceals a single 496 HO installed with a
    raised X-dimension, propelling this latest iteration of Donzi's venerable icon
    to the 80 mph mark. Other unique features of the 22 Classic 009 include a custom
    carbon fiber dash panel, leather-wrapped steering wheel with 009 insignia,
    authentic throwback racing graphics, a center-fill fuel cap, and a commemorative
    dash plaque. Only 18 22 Classic 009s will be offered.
    if i were to spend 60 k on a boat it would be a much larger one like a zr or a zx..

Good deal, BUT, the 496 is about extinct. Any new boats will be built with the new 502.

Between a 009 and a Shelby, I would try and find a Shelby. Same X, engine, etc....., but I think the Shelby looks better. Just a matter of preference. There was a chery one on ebay recently, ,might still be there.
    1979 Donzi Criterion
    1997 Classic 16
    2007 G3 w/ Yamaha 90 hp jet outboard
    Jackson Hole, WY
    www.jacksonholealltrans.com

Just my .02, which in this economy, is only worth .01, and actually is less than that since my original .02 isn't really worth .02.

This 22C 009 has been on their lot for about 1 yr. Retail for 85K, they got it for over 70K (who really knows).

I'm also looking into a 06 27' ZR for 50K.

Looked at a couple 28 ZX that didn't panned out.

If you want a 22, after looking at others, look at George's boat. It will be twice the boat from the factory.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50476
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

Agree, and you would have a "1 of 1" with Mr. Carter's ..................

Either George's boat, or a Shelby. I think anything Shelby will go up in value once he passes. You have 2 markets that will look at a Donzi Shelby edition, the boaters and the Shelby enthusiasts. If I had the $$$ to buy a Shelby boat, I would jump on it and keep it all original. I would also send something from the boat and have him sign it. You just have to make a donation to his charity.

I believe, that the 22C is the only boat with Shelby's name on it.
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

Is this the one in TX? Last I saw it was at $58K on a steel Myco trailer. This is a pretty good deal when you consider the wholesale cost of the boat & trailer. Maybe it's not as good of a deal when you compare it to the used market but then this boat is brand new and not used. If I was in the market for a new 22 I'd seriously consider this boat.
    RickS-E

Quote Originally Posted by Planetwarmer View Post
    Either George's boat, or a Shelby. I think anything Shelby will go up in value once he passes. You have 2 markets that will look at a Donzi Shelby edition, the boaters and the Shelby enthusiasts. If I had the $$$ to buy a Shelby boat, I would jump on it and keep it all original. I would also send something from the boat and have him sign it. You just have to make a donation to his charity.

I believe, that the 22C is the only boat with Shelby's name on it.
    Normally I would agree with that but usually the Shelby name is synonymous with performance enhancements which this boat does not have other than the raised "X". The aluminum fairing can be ordered on any 22C. This boat should have had special power and drive. I don't think the Shelby's will hold any increased value. Oh, and as a flea market dealer, I can tell you that autographs are routinely forged. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Normally I would agree with that but usually the Shelby name is synonymous with performance enhancements which this boat does not have other than the raised "X". The aluminum fairing can be ordered on any 22C. This boat should have had special power and drive. I don't think the Shelby's will hold any increased value. Oh, and as a flea market dealer, I can tell you that autographs are routinely forged. JMO.
    You'll have to pay Shelby for his signature. Even at a car show, folks will line up and he says the money goes to his children's fund, but there's a price involved.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

The Shelby 22 outsold all other Donzi classics combined during the first 10 months of production. They got it right with that boat. The hatch is downright sexy. The boat just has "the look".

In the long run I think a well maintained, unmolested, and clean Shelby will hold its value better than the other classics... special editions included.

The 009 boats just don't have the appeal. If you personally like it... great, go for it. In my personal opinion the 009 is the ugliest special edition they have ever come up with. To me they look bad in pictures and worse in person.

The single offset stripe looks like it is uneven on the back hatch by nature of the boat's lines. The flag on the one I saw is a big sticker and looks goofy as heck on the drivers side. The best part of the 009 35 ZR was the way cool interior material... but they didn't use that on the 22. The only special thing they did with the 22 that I can tell is the raised X... that can be accomplished with a shorty. The hatch was already used on the Aronow edition, which also has more appeal than the 009. The bottom line is there is a reason, even in this economy, why these boats didn't / aren't selling anywhere near MSRP. They are missing that thing that makes your heart skip a beat. That thing that got us all sucked into Donzi's to begin with.

Boats are all about personal preference though. I am sure there are tons of people who don't like my boat but I could care less because it is my boat and it looks fantastic to me. Same goes for this 009...

Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    Boats are all about personal preference though. I am sure there are tons of people who don't like my boat but I could care less because it is my boat and it looks fantastic to me. Same goes for this 009...
    And that sums it up! Boats are not an investment. I bought mine new because when I saw it on Pier 57's site I knew that I wanted it. Selenium, yes, I think the boat is a good deal if it is what you really like. Myself, I like the 009 editions. You should be easily running 75 mph with that boat. More on good days and after some seat time.

Personally, I'm a fan of the 009...
    1988 Minx / Testarossa edition
    1965/6 Ski Sporter 351W/Eaton (doesn't run)

Thread Information