Thread: OMC prop spline count question

OMC prop spline count question

I am selling a OMC Ballistic prop that is a 15 spline. It fits my 89 model Cobra shaft and a potential buyer asked if it would fit his 91 Cobra (he didn't know how many splines his shaft has).

I was under the impression that OMC changed from a 13 spline shaft to a 15 spline shaft in either 1988 or 1989. Anyone know if that is correct ? And if that is correct, wouldn't a 91 model have to be a 15 spline ?

Sorry for such a dumb question......but you should really be used to that from me by now !

Thanks in advance !

Phil S

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Phil S View Post
    I am selling a OMC Ballistic prop that is a 15 spline. It fits my 89 model Cobra shaft and a potential buyer asked if it would fit his 91 Cobra (he didn't know how many splines his shaft has).

I was under the impression that OMC changed from a 13 spline shaft to a 15 spline shaft in either 1988 or 1989. Anyone know if that is correct ? And if that is correct, wouldn't a 91 model have to be a 15 spline ?

Sorry for such a dumb question......but you should really be used to that from me by now !

Thanks in advance !

Phil S

all the stern drive models have 15 splines,,the 13 spline would be on the smaller omc outboard motors (evinrude/Johnson) in the 50 hp range..

Fixx is correct. My 91 KC has 15 and my 77 stinger 70 has 13

Thank you, Thank you !!

With kind regards,

Phil S.

Thread Information