Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seats

Seats

Hey guys I got a question I am in the midddle of my 1970 donzi resto, and have come down to what color I am going to paint the boat. my problem is I am leaning towards a pure white and blue. the issue I have is that there is complete set of seats for the boat that are off white with blue piping. If I were to sell just the seat skins or complete seats, what could I get for them, they are basically brand new with no rips or tears the guy that I got them from said that they are from Donzi. let me know what you think or if any one is interested. thanks Adam

Some pictures might help.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by donzi4life View Post
    Hey guys I got a question I am in the midddle of my 1970 donzi resto, and have come down to what color I am going to paint the boat. my problem is I am leaning towards a pure white and blue. the issue I have is that there is complete set of seats for the boat that are off white with blue piping. If I were to sell just the seat skins or complete seats, what could I get for them, they are basically brand new with no rips or tears the guy that I got them from said that they are from Donzi. let me know what you think or if any one is interested. thanks Adam

i have in the past masked off the piping and sprayed them white with mar hyde.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    i have in the past masked off the piping and sprayed them white with mar hyde.
    How long did that last? Did it ever flake off?
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

as long as you follow the directions they will last a long time.the key is to dust the mar hyde on,not lay it on like paint..

here are some pic's of the seats. If I dye them will they look good? and will they orange peal from getting in and out of them?

What would be the price I could get for them?

will they fit any other model other than this 18?

I don't know, just askin'
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    will they fit any other model other than this 18?

I don't know, just askin'
    Jim, I think the fronts are standard, but I don't know about the rears.
    Probably 18 specific.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by donzi4life View Post
    here are some pic's of the seats. If I dye them will they look good? and will they orange peal from getting in and out of them?
    after painting mine pure white i probably would have gone back to the stock white,,after years of taking care of the white it still changes shades with the water we boat in..your interior looks to be mint,i would stick with the honey color..

My upholstery shop quoted $500 for a Donzi bucket, L shaped bench and new wood where needed. My choice of one color marine vinyl with contrasting piping. You might get mor e if someone doesn't have the seats to build on but I think I would have to save some money to go used. There is a set on Craigslist that you can follow.

I think PPI is getting about $2500 for a set similar to yours, since yours are Bilt Rite I would think they are worth $$$

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Jim, I think the fronts are standard, but I don't know about the rears.
    Probably 18 specific.
    Front seats can interchange between the 16/18/22.. The rear on an 18 is different from the 22. I'm doing 2 of them now in our upholstery shop. Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    after painting mine pure white i probably would have gone back to the stock white,,after years of taking care of the white it still changes shades with the water we boat in..your interior looks to be mint,i would stick with the honey color..
    honey and blue looks great
    Please keep in mind I don't know anything......
    any information I have is made up.....
    and generally I am part of the problem
    VICE President-Weller's Bay DONZI Association

OFFICIAL LAKE GEORGE POKER RUN CHAMPION

They do look awesome but that means I have to paint the boat blue and honey. which I think doesnt look that good.

Thread Information