Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hornet Marine Model One Demo Ride Sept 14

Hornet Marine Model One Demo Ride Sept 14

On Tuesday, 9/14/10 Hornet Marine is hosting demo rides of our new 17' powerboat, The Model One on the Connecticut River. You can check out the event invite and sign up for your demo time here:

http://archive.constantcontact.com/f...672514257.html

We hope to see you there and appreciate your feedback.

Hello All,
    I can honestly say that I was truly impressed with the handling, fit/finish and top speed of Dave's new boat. With three good sized guys in the boat and 3/4 of fuel on board, we still managed to achieve a speed greater than 50mph on GPS, which is not bad for a non V8 powered boat.
    Recently I had the pleasure to visit Dave's Bristol, Connecticut factory and it was a real treat to see the nuts and bolts of Hornet Marine. The company’s attention to detail and small batch philosophy will be a certain recipe for success.
    Brian
    CX18-42
    Lake George, NY

Saw it in Miami and wasn't so impressed...The Gel was terrible and it's a Splash..Sad really
    http://www.donzi.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2807&dateline=1163742  168
    More Tab, More Tab, More...Damn

Thank you for stopping by

Quote Originally Posted by thriller View Post
    Saw it in Miami and wasn't so impressed...The Gel was terrible and it's a Splash..Sad really
    Glad you stopped by the booth. We appreciate the feedback. We are using CCP-951 gel coat after much research we chose this for resistance to UV and its ability to be buffed out and brought back to a shine long in to its service life.

As far as the boat being a splash, it is not. We built plugs ourselves and then built molds from those. If you look very close at the hulls you will see changes such as the hook for counter rotating prop and driver position. little things like a flat molded in for the bow eye. There are big changes like the cockpit floor being 1 inch lower which makes passenger seating more comfortable. By lowering the floor we were able to give the driver 1/2 inch more leg room and increase the dash by a 1/2 inch. Lowering the floor like this gives the boat a lower center of gravity which improves the handling significantly.

We also ran a fully finished liner in the forward compartment with electronics panels on each side.

Thank you again for the feedback. Honest feedback is how we improve. Next time you see us please introduce yourself we always enjoy meeting a Donzi enthusiast. Let us know next time you are going to a show that we are at we generally offer free show tickets to anyone on donzi.net and offshore only.

David Hartmann
    President
    Hornet Marine
    860 944 1210cell
    860 516 3141 office

Quote Originally Posted by David Hartmann View Post
    you will see changes such as the hook for counter rotating prop and driver position.
    please excuse me becuse i'm not a hull designer, but why would you redesign a hook for a counter-rotating prop, then leave the original 16's hook in there on both sides anyways?

not sure what driver position has to do with the HULL..
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Hook

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    please excuse me becuse i'm not a hull designer, but why would you redesign a hook for a counter-rotating prop, then leave the original 16's hook in there on both sides anyways?

not sure what driver position has to do with the HULL..
    There is two different hooks in the hull. There is one that is on both sides. Our boat has that. There is another hook (or at least that is what we call it )that is just on the surface between the spray rail and the chine on one side of the boat. This has been changed significantly. This is in there to compensate for prop torque at midrange speeds.

Yes you are right, driver position has nothing to do with it. What we did regarding driver position, is put the battery on the opposite side of the boat so that the boat sits level at rest.

Hornet Marine photos needed !

David:
    Why don't you post a few digital photos of your new Hornet Marine show-boat here on this site for we folks who were not able to view it at the Miami show !

I for one~~~would like to see it !
    Last edited by silverghost; 02-28-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    "BENCHSEAT 18" ~~YellowJacket~~ project owner~
    1929 Chris~Craft 28' Tripple Cockpit Mahogany Speedboat / A-120-A 845 Cu.In. 375 H.P. Chris~Craft V-8 racing engine.
    24' American Skier
    Super Eagle 454 HO Skiboat
    1991 454 SS Chevy Super Sport Pick-up for towing my "Toys".

There is no such thing as going too fast ~ ~~
    OR~ Being too old~ for a new "Toy"!

Brad Hunter
    Huntingdon Valley Pa (Just outside Philly)~
    Ocean City NJ
    silverghost1926@msn.com
    215 947 4676 (PA Home)

Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    David:
    Why don't you post a few digital photos of your new Hornet Marine show-boat hereon this site for we folks who were not able to view it at the Miami show !
    Here are a couple pictures of the boat that was down at the Miami Show. Check out our facebook page (www.facebook.com/hornetmarine) for a lot more pictures of our boats, we update our page regularly.

I hate facebook but like your boat. How much does an unrigged hull weigh?
    1972 16 OB - C16B-63 - "Surface Tension" Resto Project
    1974 16 OB - DMR16106017-B - "The Mule"

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    I hate facebook but like your boat.

What he said. I don't follow any people, and especially not ANY company on facebook.

Of course, maybe I'm just old.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Dave
    I met you at the show and saw your first boat run at Lake George at the dustoff last year. I wish you good luck with your new company Your product seemed good to me but I really wish you would have made a more original logo for your product It really does smack of a copy and for me that was the only thing that really bugged me. It would seem to me that if you really wanted to seperate yourselves from other similar competitiors with as you have stated a new plug, different bottom ect you wouldnt have made an almost exact copy of their old logo.
    Other than that good luck

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Nice boats.
    .........Boats are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by David Hartmann View Post
    Here are a couple pictures of the boat that was down at the Miami Show. Check out our facebook page (www.facebook.com/hornetmarine) for a lot more pictures of our boats, we update our page regularly.
    Well done. I was wondering what the finish product was going to look like.
    I was at the show last year and you just had the hull. Nicely appointed interior.

B
    Member - WAFNC
    1997 22 Classic (sold)
    1997 Formula 271 Fastech
    502 Mag MPI

New England Boat Show Going on till 6 March Come s

Quote Originally Posted by silverghost View Post
    David:
    Why don't you post a few digital photos of your new Hornet Marine show-boat here on this site for we folks who were not able to view it at the Miami show !

A few more pictures. The Red and White one is on display at the New England Boat Show until 6 March. After that It will be going to A&S Boats of South Windsor CT.

Photos at
    http://gallery.me.com/davidyh

Looks great! Good job, and thanks for stepping out there and doing what others just squawk about! Good luck!

Jim
    1970 18 2+3 Hull #18-355 H/M 351W Volvo 250
    07 Cayman IT IS BACK! - '13 Abarth Cabrio

PRESERVE, DON'T RESTORE

Thread Information