Thread: Donzi Ski Sporter Article

Donzi Ski Sporter Article

I get this via email and I see there's an article on the 16 in there on page 98. Been reading this for a couple of years, lots of good articles and a well done format. Off to read it now.......

http://www.classicyachtmag.com/currentissue

Don't miss article on Lake George.....

Thanks for the link it looks good
    Video on page Page 34 is wild
    I saw that on another website yesterday
    a lady slams into a column about 36 seconds in
    and passes out
    it is scary . . .

Nice article, and it even has a sweet pic of Jay's (formerly my) Ski Sporter on page 101.

Member: Red Boat Club
    1996 22' Classic
    Volvo 7.4GSi/DPX (E-4 props)
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin275 View Post
    Thanks for the link it looks good
    Video on page Page 34 is wild
    I saw that on another website yesterday
    a lady slams into a column about 36 seconds in
    and passes out
    it is scary . . .
    That was crazy, not expected on a cruise ship.

I like how they incorporate the video and website links into that "magazine" type format.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Nice article, and it even has a sweet pic of Jay's (formerly my) Ski Sporter on page 101.

I pointed out that boat to my wife and said it looked familiar, it's someone's boat on the registry. She says, "well, yah.....they're all on the registry aren't they?"

Nice article (and a nice magazine too). Somehow the publisher found Matty. Matty gave him a lot of background model info and also put him in touch w/ me.

Just back from the Fall Picnic.

All was great except I took the "Fall" part too literally and fell getting out of my boat Friday afternoon and dislocated my shoulder. Note - No alcohol was involved (perhaps that was the problem)! Special assistance from Donzi Brothers Bob H and Kirby VV who helped put my boat away and spent five hours in the Glen's Falls ER, respectively. Thanks guys! Well enough of a thread hijack!

All ended well (think morphine) and the ribs,chicken kabobs, Dr. Dan Burgers etc were great!

JL

Quote Originally Posted by jl1962 View Post
    Nice article (and a nice magazine too). Somehow the publisher found Matty. Matty gave him a lot of background model info and also put him in touch w/ me.

Just back form the Fall Picnic.

All was great except I took the "Fall" part too literally and fell getting out of my boat Friday afternoon and dislocated my shoulder. Note - No alcohol was involved (perhaps that was the problem)! Special assistance from Donzi Brothers Bob H and Kirby VV who helped put my boat away and spent five hours in the Glen's Falls ER, respectively. Thanks guys! Well enough of a thread hijack!

All ended well (think morphine) and the ribs,chicken kabobs, Dr. Dan Burgers etc were great!

JL
    the publisher found our club and figured it would be a good place to start since he needed donzi and lake george info. I talked to him for some time on all the minutia I have gathered on the 16. I also sent him some photos .

I figured Jay was a great info source on both. glad they used Jay's boat in the article .

nice

Thanks for the help Jay, hope you mend quickly
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

Thread Information