Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Decals?

Decals?

What's the story on decals? I need an accurate set for my 1970 18 2+3....where to gets?

1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Quoting from another thread:

"Richard Weaver owns Weaver's Marine in Shapleigh, Maine. He has restored a Donzi 14 and Hornet to better than new conditions. He is a great guy to talk with and has or can get OEM style age appropriate decals. He had the ones I needed in stock. You can contact him at (207) 636-2133. Expect to pay about $100 for entire set, shipped."
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

I sent you a PM.

Jamie,

We know Richard's quality and price
    are yours less expensive and the same quality?

Jamie,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I tried to purchase decals from you, and you said you only sold decals to people whose boat you had in your shop and were doing work on.

Your website also indicated this.

Has this changed and you are now selling decals to the public?
    “Oh right, because you walked into strippers discount warehouse and said ‘Help me showcase my intellect.’” - Archer

Bill
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    1985 Donzi Criterion SS
    1967 Donzi 16 Ski Sporter, C16-409, Has a new home!
    38' Carver Aft Cabin
    1968 Sea Ray SRV 180 w/1975 70 hp Evinrude
    10" RIB w/15 hp 1984 Evinrude

I dunno if Jamie is still doing them, but the quality was there. I was thrilled to get them
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin275 View Post
    Jamie,
    We know Richard's quality and price
    are yours less expensive and the same quality?

Pricing depends on many things. I strive for My quality and accuracy of anything I do or offer to be top notch.. Anyone that has already dealt with me knows that, as well as how particular I am.. Jamie / Lakeside

Quote Originally Posted by LKSD View Post
    Pricing depends on many things.
    Other than quality, what would you be referring to,
    the size is standard for the original reproductions?

Richard's are the best quality
    so what is your price?

No need for PM here.
    New members ask this question every other month.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Say N20 View Post
    Jamie,
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I tried to purchase decals from you, and you said you only sold decals to people whose boat you had in your shop and were doing work on.
    Your website also indicated this.
    Has this changed and you are now selling decals to the public?
    Bill you are correct I have stated that, but very recently there are some things that have changed on my end. There are some other options I have now available to potentially help those looking.

Long story short, they would need to contact me for the particulars. Yourself included, that is if you were still looking..

As far as my site & its reflections of some things, I am in the process of changing a few things around and updating.. Thanks for for mentioning it as I now have another good reason to get to my updates..

Jamie / Lakeside

so what is your price?
    No need for PM here.
    Everyone asks this question every other month.
    Glad to hear you happy with Richard and his price and quality..

As fas as the PM, Ok, No problem.. However you don't necessarily know what my PM was about.. It is called "Private message" for a reason. However I will tell you it wasn't about pricing. It was about options/help to a fellow member & Donzi enthusiast here.

J

Other than quality, what would you be referring to,
    the size is standard for the original reproductions?

so what is your price?

No need for PM here.
    New members ask this question every other month.
    I have owned decals from both richard and jamie. I would buy them from either on any day. The guy I bought my X-18 from already had a set from Richard. I goofed one and had to get a set from Jamie. They were STELLAR quality and right on the money.

Frankly I don't know what I paid. They were not cheap but in the great scheme of things they were a bargain. I don't really care if they cost 175 vs 225 dollars. I have had enough custom decal work done to know how much it costs folks like Jamie and Richard. I think that it is great that people like Jamie are responsive and I think that it is cool that we have access to this type of stuff. I hope that he does make a few dollars on his work so we can continue to get products like this.

Pricing depends on many things.
    I'm curious what the price and lead time is for your replacement stickers for a '70 18' 2+3 Classic, plus shipping to zip 02770?
    If there's "many other things" that change your pricing or delivery, please explain so I can understand what I'm looking at for options.
    Thanks, Keith

Keith, it would be best for you to call me. I will be glad to go over everything with you then.

On a different note.
    As far as posting pricing on anything, I just don't do it as a rule unless it it is a sale or clearance item or limited time thing. As time goes on things can change, posts get old, then the info can get inaccurate, etc, etc... I know others do this as well for the same reasons.

It is and was a little different when I ran my e-commerce site for merc & volvo parts and had it all automated and prices were posted there with the part.. Jamie / Lakeside

Keith, it would be best for you to call me. I will be glad to go over everything with you then.
    On a different note.
    As far as posting pricing on anything, I just don't do it as a rule unless it it is a sale or clearance item or limited time thing. As time goes on things can change, posts get old, then the info can get inaccurate, etc, etc... I know others do this as well for the same reasons.
    It is and was a little different when I ran my e-commerce site for merc & volvo parts and had it all automated and prices were posted there with the part.. Jamie / Lakeside
    If I were Jamie, I would not post prices either. There is a difference in what it cost to to the regular decals with the foil vs the old school decals with the seperate emblams. Then you have whole situation where folks dig up the pricing from 5 years ago. It is the exact same reason that most parts sellers on OSO don't post prices unless there is a blow out.

I am still trying to figure out why this is even a discussion. We have two sources to get decals. Both work great (I have used both)and I have never heard one complaint about either.

I've done business with both Jamie at Lakeside and Richard Weaver. Like Hedge said, both are top notch to deal with. Both phone numbers are posted, so give them a call.
    1978 X-18, SBC, Volvo 280T
    Big Grizzly 21 Solas Prop
    Heart Bay, Lake George, NY

Thread Information