Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am back

I am back

It has been a long and very tough road.. From hvac to one of the top Donzi dealers in the country. I have been up to my ears with boating for a living and now returning back to my roots of enjoying it! As of October 1st I will be officially done and starting my pwn HVAC company from scratch.. ouch this is going to hurt but in the long run worth it.. I can't wait to restore the 16 and the 33ZX has to be repowered next year so thats on the burner... missed everyone on the Donzi.net site and am excited to make boating my hobby again!

I, for one, was wondering how you were making it.
    I wish you well w/your new enterprise.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Ditto welcome back
    Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

From one HVAC (well boiler man) to another, good luck with your new adventure.
    Goodman rocks .............Ed

Good Luck!! and congratulations on the new venture!!

Starting a business in a down economy is hard work, but if you can make it fly you'll do well!!!

Boating needs to be your hobby . . .you'll have lots more fun that way!!

FWIW, I just read an old Powerboat issue that had a nice picture of you flying that 33! Soon you'll be back in it!

Mario L.

Frank,

I saw the bad news on Typhoon, but it looks like you have landed on your feet. A wise man told me as every door closes new ones open up.
    Glad you are excited about boating again. If ya need help on the 16 let us know I am sure Pearson and I would help out.
    wishing you the best on the new start
    When the sky is grey,look out to sea.
    When the waves are high and the light is dying,
    well raise a glass and think of me...
    When I'm home again,
    boys, I'll be buying!

My Ride

Come Join Us on The Queen Of American Lakes

Contact Us

www.lgdonziclassic.com

I knewyou would be returning to the roots-What took you so long Best of luck
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

The reason I was away so long was the stress of the marine buisness.. I have learned one BIG lesson. Never, Never, mix your hobby with a job. It was getting so bad I didn't even want to go near my boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghied Again View Post
    The reason I was away so long was the stress of the marine buisness.. I have learned one BIG lesson. Never, Never, mix your hobby with a job. It was getting so bad I didn't even want to go near my boat!
    I know that feeling very well!
    Welcome back Frank!
    U.S.C.G. Master Captain
    "Pioneer of insane speed concepts & creations"

A friend of mine said "Never make a hobby you enjoy your job". A few years ago I started a "part-time" snowmobile business. After a couple years it turned into a lot more than part-time and I sold my sleds and didn't ride for 3 years. I hated snowmobiles. I got out and once again I love snowmobiling!

Man was my friend smart. LOL

Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy View Post
    Frank,

I saw the bad news on Typhoon, but it looks like you have landed on your feet. A wise man told me as every door closes new ones open up.
    Glad you are excited about boating again. If ya need help on the 16 let us know I am sure Pearson and I would help out.
    wishing you the best on the new start
    Hi Matty. Typhoon is up and running and Oct 1st will have a new owner. But I made up my mind time to get out and start my own buisness. Hey I look at it this way, If I go to work for someone I am going broke so either I make it on my own are go down in a blaze of glory!

Smile

Frank good to hear of your planned venture! No way can a "Pretty Face Fail" best of luck!

Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

That's not the first time I have heard this........ All I'm sayin'...
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

It has been a long and very tough road.. From hvac to one of the top Donzi dealers in the country. I have been up to my ears with boating for a living and now returning back to my roots of enjoying it! As of October 1st I will be officially done and starting my pwn HVAC company from scratch.. ouch this is going to hurt but in the long run worth it.. I can't wait to restore the 16 and the 33ZX has to be repowered next year so thats on the burner... missed everyone on the Donzi.net site and am excited to make boating my hobby again!
    Frank, Good luck in your next endeavor. I'm sure you will be fine.. We wish you the best..

I do know what you mean about doing something you like or love as a business..

I still love boating personally, but my free time for my own boat and boating pleasure is no where near what it was many years ago. I still cant wait to hit the water in my own boat, but by the time I am done with my customers stuff and my other companies I have very little time if any (at times) to enjoy mine like I used to.. Hopefully next year will let me get out for R&R more.. But you already know how that goes.. lol

Again, best wishes in your HVAC endevour and if you are ever out this way feel free to give us a ring.. We can have a cold one.. Jamie / Lakeside

Frank, I hear the hobby and work thing. been there and don that.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thread Information