Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Imco Thumper Exhausts...?

Imco Thumper Exhausts...?

Anybody ever tried these? Opinions, thoughts...?

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13908...t-bracket.aspx

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

Same as emi's and revolution,just a little different design tho..

So for the price are they any good? SM are about $1000 more....

Hey.........

Shouldnt you be fogducker IIII now......

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

From what i gather they make a good stock replacement system..With the pro charger pushing over 500 hp i don't think they will work for you,they may not be hard anodised like the emi's which yield emi's to closer to 700 hp.

if you opt for the powerflow's i have a set of brand new risers ill give you a deal on..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61109

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Shouldnt you be fogducker IIII now......
    My next Donzi will be Fogducker IV..............the Scarab is III 1/2.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    From what i gather they make a good stock replacement system..With the pro charger pushing over 500 hp i don't think they will work for you,they may not be hard anodised like the emi's which yield emi's to closer to 700 hp.

if you opt for the powerflow's i have a set of brand new risers ill give you a deal on..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61109
    There is an anodised option for the Imco Thumpers......will the Stainless Marine hold up any better? I liked the las set I had on the Scorpion but to be honest, I find them big bucks for what they are.....

PS. Your risers would not fit, I need the shorties......

If you are running shorty risers, the Thumpers are a good bang for the buck. We have a set on the 16. It has a charmed life though. Maybe 20 hours a year now and in a fresh water lake.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedgehog View Post
    If you are running shorty risers, the Thumpers are a good bang for the buck. We have a set on the 16. It has a charmed life though. Maybe 20 hours a year now and in a fresh water lake.
    I hear ya, problem is, as Fix says, if I procharger this 454Mag they might not be the right thing...? Not sure if should bite the bullet and get EMI or Stainless Marine..? Both big bucks but I guess you get what you pay for...? Still need to find a Procharger...

escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info Procharger for Chevy 350 Model M-1SC - $2500 (DesPlanes)

Date: 2010-08-29, 9:44AM CDT
    Reply to: sale-x8qce-1925326803@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Supercharger for Chevy 350 w / Fuel Injection. While the bracket is for Chevy with another bracket you can use for different applications.

CALL TOM AT 847-294-1195 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1925326803

Jeremy, I have EMI headers with fusion coat on my 454. These were on the boat when I bought it. I really don't know how much HP they can handle, it is a stock EFI motor, but I can tell you that I have had zero problems with the headers. Even the fusion coat looks new and I am guessing that the headers are 6 years old.

Ken

Thanks dsparis for that link, I will call the seller but it looks like they are serpintine pulleys and being for a 350 I would have to change a few things, but worth the call for sure.

Chachi....I am leaning towards EMI....I found a local guy wno can get them, just need to work out a price....

I think SM are thouroughly and very well coated.
    I've seen some very attractive prices on some used SM sets on eBay.
    Also Gils.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

No go on the Procharger, nothing would fit and he has "modified" the intercooler to fit a carb set-up....

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    No go on the Procharger, nothing would fit and he has "modified" the intercooler to fit a carb set-up....
    I would not worry about the cooler. That is an easy fix. All the brackets on the other hand, yikes. Any of the mentioned systems will work on a Procharged engine. I put Dana's on my blown 502 and picked up zero mph. It did drop one lb of boost due to better breathing and I got better throttle response. They were a good mod. You don't need much better exhaust until you start opening up the heads and adding cam.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Thread Information