Thread: Donzi Classic depth finder choices

Donzi Classic depth finder choices

I own a Classic 22 (spring purchase) and would like to install a depth finder, possibly a split screen with GPS. Is there a way to accomplish this without messing up the classic interior styling? I have seen some classics with reworked dashes and indash flashers installed. I am not planning to rework the dash and do not want to drill any visible holes either. maybe a styled bracket mounted to the rear of the dash and a thru hull transducer? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have been fighting with this same problem for over a year now.

Please post what you come up with.

I have a Garmin 545 but I feel it is too large so I will be mounting that in a Grady White. Garmin has just come out with a new chartplotter, model escapes me now, but it is 900.00 a little steep.

I have removed the stock depth gauge and I am thinking of mounting it on the gunwale next to my switch for the quick & quiet.

Ken

I think the split screen ones,the depth gauge will not work at speed.Only going slow.Waste of money.

depth finder mounting

I have a digital in another boat with the transducer glued in the bilge under the BB oil pan and it does OK to upper 70's but I was able to mount it in the dash in a guage hole (2 1/8" ) and used a double round guage holder to relocate the Hour meter and an added a water pressure guage under the dash. It looks ok but I was hoping on the gps but with the info on the split screen having poor speed reading on the depth side, I will need to do some more research and see what I can learn. Maybe a digital depth meter and adding water pressure and oil temp in a triple guage holder in white to match the dash? and a good hand held gps?? I will post what I come up with. Thanks much!

Thread Information