Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yeller is a happy man.....

Yeller is a happy man.....

Glen came over yesterday and we installed the Blackhawk drive. Only took us a couple of hours and we were on Lake Cowichan by about 3pm......

Couple of small things to sort out, I wll let Yeller elaborate, but all in all I think it is a successful transplant.....

86.4 on the first run. Not bad! Yeller's already topped my best.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

I must say I was very surprised as well Carl, first run and he was even having some gear shifting issues, so with a little "tweaking" and some seat time I think he will squeeze a couple more out of her.....

PS. I think he might have scared himself at some point.....

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    I must say I was very surprised as well Carl, first run and he was even having some gear shifting issues, so with a little "tweaking" and some seat time I think he will squeeze a couple more out of her.....

PS. I think he might have scared himself at some point.....

man that is just wrong! Cover that man up..

GBond Guest
    Great performance gains ...and beautiful country!

ROFL !!

BondG, Beautiful ? Pleeeeeeeeeze

what was the max speed before the swap? Just curious...

by the way, happy birthday

GBond Guest
    Okay...the first post only! Thanx GG

Quote Originally Posted by axelkloehn View Post
    what was the max speed before the swap? Just curious...

by the way, happy birthday
    Thank you sir.....

I am not sure of his speed to begin with, Yeller......

Ol yeller may be takin a poke at fastest in 2010 ......

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    Thank you sir.....

I am not sure of his speed to begin with, Yeller......
    I think he used to get frustrated w/it in the low '70's.
    It certainly wasn't because of the lack of capability, just uncontrollable.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Another yellow streak...
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

I told you glen this will be the best move you ever made with the blackhawk tell me what you you think stable or what and with more seat time you will be flying.regards mike.pm me with your thoughts.

Not 100% sold on the BH yet. Will have to run it a while longer to make up my mind.

The nice thing about the drive is top speed handling is much better. Cruising 75~80 is fairly easy to handle now. That is something I couldn't do before. With the Bravo, anything above mid 70 was a handful.

I actually thought I might get a bit more speed out of the swap. Not disappointed, because my main goal was to improve handling. I'm guessing I picked up 3~4mph. Maybe with a bit more time, I'll get a couple more. I was spinning the 31's at 5200 according to the tach. I didn't notice hitting the limiter, but I must have been on the very edge.

The bad part of the BH and the reason I'm not sold on it yet, is mid speed porpoise is way worse than with the Bravo. It settles out above 60, but if I cruise at 50, I have to have the tabs all the way down.
    I'm also a bit surprised at how hard it is to get on plan. I know the drive is a lot shorter, but I thought the dual props would help it get on plan easier, but that's not the case.

The one mechanical problem I'm having is with the shifting. Neutral to Reverse to Neutral is fine, but it's a bit stiff going into Forward, and getting it back to Neutral is really tough. I have to jerk the control real hard to get it out of gear. When the engine is off, shifting is much easier, but it is still a bit stiff getting it from forward to neutral. Scared the crap out of me when I first took off from the dock. The boat moves FAST when at idle, and I damn near nailed a houseboat because I couldn't get it out of gear.

Fogducker thinks it is probably the shift linkage adjustment. Any other thoughts???

It was a fun day though. Jeremy had his Scarab SCS and we met up with Johnny who has a 22zx. I wish I could have taken a video of the three of us blasting down the lake side by side by side. It sure look cool from where I was sitting.

Thanks for the help Jeremy. Really appreciate it.
    Why is faster never fast enough.

Thread Information