View Poll Results: Should I modernize my dash as described?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sounds cool.

5 41.67%
  • No, leave it stock.

7 58.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking About Updating My Dash

Thinking About Updating My Dash

The droid phone gives me internet most places off-shore and the 525 is set up for Smartcraft. I wanted to leave my dash stock but now wonder if I should redo it with a smartcraft display and a marine pc in the dash. I could have real time streaming weather radar with the pc, also videos, music, movies and keep up with the boating forums. It is something to ponder for awhile as I wouldn't start the project until the end of this boating season. Should I do it?
    http://www.comarkcorp.com/products/m...FeI55wodPiA9wQ
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Of course you should do it! Then have us over for a ride. By the way, the link is accurate, but my browser won't load it. I had to go their main page and navigate from there. Not sure whats up with that.
    White Lake, Michigan (the one on the left)

I think, that during the rest of your life, you should think of all sorts of ways to spend more money on your boat!
    I think this should become your life goal.
    I don't think you should ever set any limit of any sort of what goes into it.

Well, maybe you could set a life time limit of say $500,000.00 and then see how fast you could get there.

Maybe we could start another poll about how much you could spend on it.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by Papu View Post
    Of course you should do it! Then have us over for a ride. By the way, the link is accurate, but my browser won't load it. I had to go their main page and navigate from there. Not sure whats up with that.
    The link works for me. Anyone is welcome to come along for a ride. Temps will be back near 80 next week and I'll be on the Big lakes. There are other marine PCs I'm sure. That was just to show that they exist! One big factor would be to find a bright enough one. I could build my chartplotter into the dash also. Instead of the traditional gauges I would have 3 monitors.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

i am with george on this one, but i did vote to change the dash

eventually you are going to want to sell it and move up

don't expect to get the cake out of it you are putting in but it would be cool
    Please keep in mind I don't know anything......
    any information I have is made up.....
    and generally I am part of the problem
    VICE President-Weller's Bay DONZI Association

OFFICIAL LAKE GEORGE POKER RUN CHAMPION

how are they in the sun? My Droid is great for navigation with the Navionics software... if I could read the darn thing.

I have wanted to do a boat computer for a long time... my thought was to have a custom app to be able to tap into the engine as well as do stupid stuff like radio. My vision of it is with regular gauges though, at least for the basics. I can't imagine looking at a computer screen at a quick glance and get the info I need while bouncing around. I like the bright orange needle pointing in a direction to fill me in.

Visit mp3car.com for software and hardware ideas. I thought about putting one in my car, a convertible, and had concerns about being able to read the display. Look for sunlight-readable display screens that are transflective.

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    I think, that during the rest of your life, you should think of all sorts of ways to spend more money on your boat!
    I think this should become your life goal.
    I don't think you should ever set any limit of any sort of what goes into it.

Well, maybe you could set a life time limit of say $500,000.00 and then see how fast you could get there.

Maybe we could start another poll about how much you could spend on it.
    Killin me George! My thoughts exactly but hey, Carl is bringing the HEAT!

Do your thing Carl! Damn the torpedos!!!!
    Thanx,
    SCOTT R.

[quote=Jraysray;575959]Killin me George! My thoughts exactly but hey
    quote]

Ken

You want to be on the boat
    not the internet . . .

the season is too short
    less is more . . .

Not so much for the forum use onboard, but the weather might be of use to you on those PIB trips...
    "I don't have time to get into it, but he went through a lot." -Pulp Fiction

Supercharge first, Arneson second, then go for the dash goodies

But keep those things under $20,000 total
    Then you will still be under the $100,000 22' Right???? ....Ed

Can you guys imagine

Between George and Carl, what kind of Donzi these guys would build??? ..Ed

I think what Carl is talking about is a "Glass Cockpit". This is State Of The Art in Aviation. As an OLD Aviator, I prefer "Steam Guages" so I am not enthusiastic about this technology........ but if you have the money ............Who's to say..???

BTW: The link didn't work for me either. DJ
    Avatar: RELIANCE (1903) The Largest single masted sailing yacht ever built (Until 2004)...with over 16,000 square feet of sail. Successful Americas Cup Defender.

Go for it. Your a pioneer. This is your dream. You will make it work you always do. Now get your but toan event.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thread Information