Thread: New Donzi 23 Ragazza owner questions

Angry New Donzi 23 Ragazza owner questions

Hello friends. I just got a 88 Ragazza 23 cuddy. I have no experience with Donzi and have a few quick questions.

She leans to starboard at rest by about 3 inches and I think there is trapped water under the deck. Are there compartments under the deck which clog and hold water and how do I acess them?

Does anyone know how I can find structural schematics?

How can you tell if its 5.7 or 5.8? it gets confusing online. I have a 96 model OMC outdrive.

Any information at all would be SOOO appreciated. I have to replace the wood over the tank which is essentially a walkway and I think since it rotted it allowed water to fill up floor compartments which wont drain. There does not seem to be drains holes through the bulkhead into the enginebay/bilge. Boggling to say the least.

Thanks so much for your time.

There is no documentation available.
    Everything will be an experioment.
    Good luck and welcome aboard.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

George is correct. There are no schematics or books available on it.

As far as the engine is concerned the easiest way to tell if it is a 5.7gm or a 5.8 ford is as follows. Ford small blocks have the distributor in the front of the engine (towards the bow), the gm small blocks towards the rear of the engine (by the stern).. Now another zinger, they both also offered 5.0 small blocks they would look the same for the most part as the 5.7 & the 5.8 but the internal bore size is different. My guess is however it is either the 5.7 or 5.8 in your application but again, just guessing....

Jamie / Lakeside

Thanx guys. I dont want to sound TOTALLY stupid, but its my first Donzi AND my first boat. My family all have Cruisers Yachts, Sea Rays, Bajas and a Mark Twain. Gonna learn as much on my own on this as I can. Gotta get into the drainage system tho. Doesnt seem like they put a drain through the bulkhead to the rear bilge. Standing water has nowhere to go. Good solid boat though. Sexy design for a family boat.The molded swim platform sold me.

It does seem as though information on these boats (Ragazzas) is pretty scarce. Anyone have a number for a guru?

Thread Information