Thread: Wanted Buick Park Ave

Wanted Buick Park Ave

Looking for a low mile Park Ave at a decent number, prefer east coast car. Need a good daily driver! Phil
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

Wow! You are an old fart LOL
    Craig,
    slowest boat resto project ever

Lake St Clair and Michigan's Inland Waterway

I kind of like the 84 Riviera................Ed

Cool Buick

What year ?

Kind a funny car story; i worked with a fellow leon that at one time ran a garage , any way i asked him leon what's the fastest you have ever been ? He said one night he was heading to south carolina in his "deuce and a quarter" at 120 mph , i asked him what it was thinking it was some kind of army vehicle , his eyes fluttered and said it was and electra two twenty five !

Thumbs up

Well we found a jewel! 1998 Park Ave with no lie 9,300 total miles, paid a bit over book but it is a once in a life time find. Looks like they just pulled the stickers and warps off it, Needless to say we are some tickled! We missed a few others that were great deals but we ended up far better than I ever would have imagined! Phil

3800 v6?
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    3800 v6?
    I believe that was the only block Buick used in the PA, two variations 205hp natural and 225hp SC. I have such great service out of the 97 I had that I wanted another, how many full sized cars get over 30mpg @ 70 on cruise control. It always irked me that my 97PA would get 23-24 in town and over 30 on the highway when my 01 Audi A4 only got 21 in town and 27 on the highway, just about everywhere we had to go the Buick was the ride of choice.

So Phil, where are the photos?

You better hunker in, you might get some snow today.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by CHACHI View Post
    You better hunker in, you might get some snow today.

Ken
    This time park your car at the road end of your driveway
    not as much shoveling!

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    I believe that was the only block Buick used in the PA, two variations 205hp natural and 225hp SC. I have such great service out of the 97 I had that I wanted another, how many full sized cars get over 30mpg @ 70 on cruise control. It always irked me that my 97PA would get 23-24 in town and over 30 on the highway when my 01 Audi A4 only got 21 in town and 27 on the highway, just about everywhere we had to go the Buick was the ride of choice.
    I've never been much of a GM fan, but I do have to admit that driven mildly, those big old boats did get shockingly good mileage.

I also have to admit that Audis in general get shockingly poor mileage. I think our A4 3.0 quattro sport got around 21 average as well. I chaulked it up to the awd.
    Don
    '01 22 Classic, 502/B1
    And a bunch of other stuff

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Ok Ken is a link to the pictures. http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars...ue_127621912_4

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    Well we found a jewel! 1998 Park Ave with no lie 9,300 total miles, paid a bit over book but it is a once in a life time find. Looks like they just pulled the stickers and warps off it, Needless to say we are some tickled! We missed a few others that were great deals but we ended up far better than I ever would have imagined! Phil
    Congratulations, Phil. You obviously are tickled to find a virtually brand new car for a comparatively low price. I just bought a 1998 (same year as your PA) Lincoln Town Car signature series with a cloth top in almost new condition with what I considered low miles - 78,000, but I am shocked to see you bought a 12 year old car with less than 10K miles. I am also enjoying mine - I just took a 2500+ mile road trip, but I only averaged 23MPG with the 4.6L V8. Hard to beat buying such great cars for 1/10 or less the price of new ones - $4500 in my case . Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Thought I should chime in with a report, so far it is absolutely mint! Bonnie is getting 24 going back and forth, beats 20 with the Audi. When we came from NJ the day we bought it with NON Alky NJ gas it only burned 4.6 gallons going 127 miles, which included about an hour of stop and go on the belt Pkwy. I won't see that again until I get more Non Alky gas, my 97 Park gave a faithful 31 hwy @ 70 on cruise control beat the krap out of the small imports!

Thread Information