Thread: Mercruiser Outdrive paint

Mercruiser Outdrive paint

Im looking to repaint my lower on my bravo X drive and Im not a big fan of the Mercruiser rattle can does anyone know where I can purchase the paint in a form so I could spray it from my HVLP gun. Thanks Blake Sullivan

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeSullivan View Post
    Im looking to repaint my lower on my bravo X drive and Im not a big fan of the Mercruiser rattle can does anyone know where I can purchase the paint in a form so I could spray it from my HVLP gun. Thanks Blake Sullivan
    go to your local paint supply store and pick up a qt of Imrom jet black and the high gloss hardener..make sure you sand it real good with 320 or 400 grit paper and use self etching primer first then hose on the imron ..

Thanks a lot Yeah I know prep is 99.9 percent of the work, learned that the hard way

What Mr. Fixxxxxittttt said....
    W/a lot of empahasis on using a chromated epoxy primer.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Any auto paint house. Be prepared to pay through the nose for it.

I agree that prep is the most important part, but personally, the Mercury Phantom Black paint is excellent, as long as you lay it on in thin coats...........

Quote Originally Posted by fogducker III View Post
    I agree that prep is the most important part, but personally, the Mercury Phantom Black paint is excellent, as long as you lay it on in thin coats...........
    But it tends to be a little pourous and REALLY needs a good primer under it.
    Merc tends to NOT prime their parts, at least not in the time periods I'm familiar with.
    Just think of the many questions we've seen right here about oil pans rusting and leaking.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thread Information