Thread: zx 28 fairing removal

zx 28 fairing removal

Cant stand the wind any longer. Can someone give me insight on removing the fairing on my 28 zx. I want to do some reshaping at the top and install a lexan windsheild around the top edge, recessing it in and installing anchors to put 10-32 stainless machine screws in to hold it in place. I need to remove the fairing so I can work at it here in my collision shop. Thanks for help guys.

I believe I spoke with you yesterday. Removing the one you have or even modifying will require cutting, grinding & custom work. You can probably end up with the result you want, but it wont be without a decent amount of work...

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

Thanks for your help, but I have made a peice of clear lexan wrap around the inside of the fairing, used blind well nuts to secure it. It looks ok except its stepped due to the thickness of the fairing. I will try this if it works good I am going tomake a 2 peice one that wraps around the sides for better looks. As I was sitting in the boat last night evaluating the finshed job I realized my bolster seat was installed from new offset , its to close to the side jamming my leg into the side and not centered with the wheel. I pulled one fastener out of the bottom that goes into the floor. Can this be moved over and new holes put in the floor or are there blind nuts certs in there to hold the bottom bolts. Drives me crazy to see these imperfections on a Donzi. I thought I purchased a quality boat now I am wondering. Any help is appreciated guys.

There are usually threaded fasteners in the floor on those. Also it is not uncommon to have a seat slightly offset from the steering wheel to allow for more walk thru space between the 2 front seats.. Jamie / Lakeside

Thread Information