Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Ply or Coosa?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
    heads up on that heater,,they are not that good,the galvanised metal heats up and along with the propane you will get sick..i have one and it didn't heat my old shop and it was insulated..a tank from a gas grill only last about 4-6 hrs then i freezes up and the btu's go way down almost to a pilot light.. your better off with a kerosene salamander heater or a electric fostoria electric salamander which i have for emergencies and it will keep my shop @ 65*..
    Fixx,
    For me, I prefer LP over the Kero..........I've been in buildings where both were used - propane fan forced ceiling heaters (CO detector w/ cracked door) may be the lesser of 2 evil's, but a Kero heater gives me a headache imediately even with the sented fuel additives.
    I'l be using a 100 pound LP tank (approx. 23.5 gals) not the 20 pound gas grille tank.
    Remember it's 200,000 btu's and although it's a convection heater, I still have 2 ceiling fans in the "Mag dome" to push the heat around. After I blast (that's a poor word) up the heat I'll resort to smaller electric heaters for the glassing.
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    Jim,
    Alloy Metal Works, Farmingdale L.I. I think they came out pretty good.........Marshall (MdonziM) hooked me up with them after he had 2 made for his 27 Mag Starfire.
    1/8" Aluminum 65" Long - approx. 65 gals apiece.........$400 per.
    A flat sheet of 1/4" neopreme would not give me the air circulation around the bottom of the tank as would the varied placement of squares. Jim, the picture above shows the welded brackets on the tanks, I'll take more pics as I go along.

Sippy -Pete,
    They look like pretty nice tanks, and doesn't sound like a bad deal at that price. do they have internal baffles?
    Understand about the venting under the tanks, as you will randomly place the squares under the key areas of the tanks.
    yes see the backets mounted on the tanks

thank you
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by dammmagnum View Post
    Sippy -Pete,
    They look like pretty nice tanks, and doesn't sound like a bad deal at that price. do they have internal baffles?
    Understand about the venting under the tanks, as you will randomly place the squares under the key areas of the tanks.
    yes see the backets mounted on the tanks

thank you
    Jim
    Jim,
    2 baffles per tank and a new calendar for the new year!
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

A hardy batch of under-cure!

This ain't news, but I'm bored......."for your holiday pleasure a nice batch of under-cured resin".......almost 4 weeks old with runny nose patches!
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Looks like a do over scippy

Have a great holiday

Parnell
    Time forSweet Cheekz to find a new home

Magnum engine hatch

I want to replicate an engine hatch for the one that's missing on my '76 Mag sport. looking for some good pictures to get a general idea of what the plug should look like..........might even build a "one off" from a male mold. The picture below is Aron's '74 Sport. This is what I'd like to build for my boat, just looking for some different angle shots.
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Scippy...send me your e-mail address and I'll send you some more photos of the hatch....sent you a PM too.

1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Hey Aaron,

Just wondering if you could measure either from the top of your transom assy to your rubrail or from the bottom of the assy to the hull bottom. Trying to get as many figures as possible before I re-cut my transom.

Thanks - Marshall
    1978 Magnum Starfire "MAYHEM"
    1994 Donzi 22 Classic 540/Blackhawk - Sold
    1982 Midnight Express 32 SS

Quote Originally Posted by MDonziM View Post
    Hey Aaron,

Just wondering if you could measure either from the top of your transom assy to your rubrail or from the bottom of the assy to the hull bottom. Trying to get as many figures as possible before I re-cut my transom.

Thanks - Marshall
    Yeah..no problem. I keep meaning to do this....my boat was re-rigged with Bravos and it works very well. 320EFIs with 21p Mirage plus'...runs 67 mph GPS with a half tank and two fat guys on board...crappy bottom paint too. When I redo the bottom, I should touch 70mph...

1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Quote Originally Posted by superhatz View Post
    Yeah..no problem. I keep meaning to do this....my boat was re-rigged with Bravos and it works very well. 320EFIs with 21p Mirage plus'...runs 67 mph GPS with a half tank and two fat guys on board...crappy bottom paint too. When I redo the bottom, I should touch 70mph...

Last yr with 420hp a side I ran 71mph best so I'm hoping for big improvement with the raised bravo's and more hp. Should be cutting the transom in 3 weeks.

Thanks - Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    This ain't news, but I'm bored......."for your holiday pleasure a nice batch of under-cured resin".......almost 4 weeks old and still runny nose & undercured patches!
    Finally,.....got two good days of weather last week to remove (old undercured patches) and re-glass in the exhaust holes in the transom. Also, I backed the TRS cutouts w/melamine & started with 2 layers of Mat (from the inside) ........................as expected, everything kicked really nice (weather was in the 70's) compared to the "gummy gumbo" I cooked up a couple months ago.
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

After gluing (epoxy) together the two 3/4" ply inserts for the core of the new transom, I fitted it one last time before it's permanently seated in hull & deck putty.
    I used 2X3 bracing within the boat to fix it in place. The bulkhead forward of the engine bay was plenty strong to support the bracing.......I never intended to use screws, just couldn't see patching more holes. Next I have to fillet al the corners before the first course of 1708 is applied, then replace the stringers to the new transom.
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Looking great Pete!

Pete!
    This looks great!
    Now you're an expert.
    That's as fine a job as you could hope to see.
    How about some shots of the outside?
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Scippy,

Looks good! Glad to see you making some headway. Is your deck off? If not what is your plan for installing the stringers, dont the main ouside ones attach to the big pads that support the cockpit floor? My secondary stringers run about 18" forward of the eng room bulkhead.

- Marshall

Thread Information