Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Ply or Coosa?

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Good choice, I think!
    I wish you well on the fabrication.
    +1 That flair should be enough to direct the wind flow over your face. You might also consider what Cigarette used to do when they made a folding flap that can be flipped up on the rear mounted hinge. It stays folded down until you want a wind deflector. Here is a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

Pete,

I think the curl version will look pretty nice on the Sport.
    Enjoy your Holiday weekend
    Jim

Wind-Away is out of business but other companies sell expensive wind deflectors.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Scippy,

How is the project progressing?
    I would really like to see your floor pictures beyond those posted.
    Do you have any of the glass work before the floor sheeting was installed?

Thank you!
    Mario L.

Scippy , what's up and how is everything going ............................any updates ?

Wind Away for sale

I have a brand new set for sale. $135.00 plus shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Wind-Away is out of business but other companies sell expensive wind deflectors.
    I have far too many boats, just ask my Wife.
    If you have something of great quality, and you take care of it, it will last forever.
    Never Economise on Luxuries

Thanks Bert , but I built a custom "V" windscreen for the sport that includes a deflector edge to it............I'll post pictures soon as the gelcoat is buffed and finished.
    Artie you old Dog!...............nothing new same old.
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    Artie you old Dog!...............nothing new same old.
    Glad to hear that you are still alive and kicking ........................

a learning curve!

Just now I''ve read this whole thread (Ply or Coosa?) front to back and in a sentimental way I feel sad to call it a day!
    It's almost 6 years of a restoration aided by the wonderful help from so many here ......Senior & junior menbers offering
    great feedback & tutorage!....I knew nothing before I started out on this thread of restoring a 27' Magnum bare hull,
    but the one thing I was certain about & wanted to prove to myself was, "you don't have to pay others for everything
    for those things you can do yourself"......I hope this thread can be brought ttt for instances that would help someone.
    I learned from George carter's wonderful journey through every phase of the "Red TR" restoration and the cheaper
    alternatives to buying the expensive boating parts, but rather use your ingenuity to find a cheaper way to get it done.
    I'm 64 now & even though I was about to turn the corner on the Magnum I was still a few years away from splashing her.
    When something presents itself sooooo appealing to get on the ocean immediately!!...case in point "35' Cigarette "kevlar"
    Mistress"...............you just flow towards the least resistance and decide "to just go boating Now!!!" ..............Scippy
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Wow, I'm a bit saddened to read this, though as much as you have invested in time and money, I completely understand. Time for all of us is limited, boating seasons are short for all of us here in the northern regions.
    What is left on your hull to completion?
    Sadly yours is the second Magnum 27 not completed on Donzi.net........

Mario L.

Quote Originally Posted by mphatc View Post
    Wow, I'm a bit saddened to read this, though as much as you have invested in time and money, I completely understand. Time for all of us is limited, boating seasons are short for all of us here in the northern regions.
    What is left on your hull to completion?
    Sadly yours is the second Magnum 27 not completed on Donzi.net........

Mario L.
    Hello Mario,.....Yes, it pains me becasuse the 27 sport is structurally re-built now (all new stringers, new bulk heads, new transom, lowered cock-pit sole, complete epoxy bond hull to deck, 2 new fuel tanks set in place, custom windscreen (countless hrs. on just this alone), the complete "hard to get" deck hardware obtained & re-chromed, 2010 ace aluminum trailer.....Yea, pretty hard to walk away.......what's left is to rig and at the rate I've slowed, can't see that completion before 2 more years....the 35' Mistress puts me on the ocean this up coming boating season.
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Scippy , that is very funny because the reason i sold my last Mag Sport was to purchase a 35 Cigarette Mistress .

Hi Pete,
    You did the right thing for yourself. Whenever a project becomes more of a burden than enjoyable is the time to move on. I would love to see and hear more about the Cigarette you bought. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

The Voyage......

It's the process that's important.
    Think about what you've learned!
    I understand what it's like to get tired of a project.
    I can imagine your wife may have exerted a bit of pressure.
    I know mine has!
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Thinking if I were to ever revisit this thread and post another word other than "sold" it wouldn't seem likely.
    But, a lot has happened since I put the sport up for sale. ... The whole idea of selling left me to rethink what
    it would be like after I sold....You hear it all the time, "Now that it's gone, I wish I didn't sell her"....so whether
    it's remorse or I just can't let her go thoughts!.....I have another reason to add.....My daughter.
    If you wait long enough (sometimes) good things might happen. In the case of selling the Sport ...it might not
    be bad to keep her.........My oldest girl (Tara) showed a remarkable feel behind the helm of the Mistress.
    Just this summer she handled what the Jersey shore threw at her... a steady and pretty ruff 4 & 5-foot steady
    belting!..............She definitely wants in on hi performance boating......Maybe the Magnum was right not to sell.
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Thread Information