Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Ply or Coosa?

Pete after selling my race Magnum Sport in 1986 that even after I retired it from racing & by putting back seat & engine sun pad I have gone through many boats trying to find the right replacement. I bought many boats, two Searay's, two 29' Mirage's, one 38' Scarab one 33' Active cat, & after a 30 year search I'm back in a Magnum Sport, that's my replacement !!!. Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mark the short and simple of it is .......The Magnum 27' hull is the "best all" that "ends all" no doubt why we come back to this most iconic hull
    1983 Cigarette 35' Mistress
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Feeling a bit sad today because my (or should I say former) 27' Magnum Sport has sold!...passed the torch
    to the new Magnum owner who will carry on my work to completion....she will reside in Michigan, but first
    to GlassDave for completion!...........Shrink wrapped and ready for trasnsport to Ohio.
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    Feeling a bit sad today because my (or should I say former) 27' Magnum Sport has sold!...passed the torch
    to the new Magnum owner who will carry on my work to completion....she will reside in Michigan, but first
    to GlassDave for completion!...........Shrink wrapped and ready for trasnsport to Ohio.
    Pete I know how you are feeling about selling your Mag as Bill & I are thinking of putting the Lil Smidgen, SPIRIT & Power Hungry Magnum Sport up for sale. I have 2 Magnums, 2 Donzi's & one 24' Cobra the other Lil Smidgen & recently I have acquired my brothers 45' triple engine Cary due to his death, this Cary also needs to be finished. Bill is also in the same predicament having just to many boats. After looking for & hunting down the Smidgen Mag all these years I cant tell you how much we will regret letting her go to a new home with a worthy owner but we will take all the time needed to make this happen.

Sorry to hear about your brother Mark.

Hopefully, the Magnum will get brought back to a period correct race boat?....it looks pretty intact.

~A
    1974 Magnum 27 Sport
    1970 Donzi 18 2+3

Condolence also on your brother's passing!..........Oner day out and I'm already feeling "Why did I sell the sport"
    1976 Magnum 27' Sport
    1986 Donzi 18' Classic
    NEVER FORGET 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by superhatz View Post
    Sorry to hear about your brother Mark.

Hopefully, the Magnum will get brought back to a period correct race boat?....it looks pretty intact.

~A
    Aaron the Lil Smidgen Magnum for all the races it has been in looks really good especially the bottom but I would definitely replace all the wood but that's a given. I wish Bill & I had the energy to restore this one but with my other boats that are under restoration for me there not enuff time & money to do this one. Along with the Cary my brother also had a 28' Donzi Sportman that I also was given. I have enuff boats now to have my own old school reunion.

Thread Information