Thread: 22' classic ?

22' classic ?

Thinking about a 22 classic my ? is can you tube and ski with this boat? Thanks

GBond Guest
    Yes, Just prop accordingly. My two boys have been tubing, knee boarding and skiing behind our 22 for 16 yrs now.

Great Thanks!! I have been wanting one of these things for ever

You can do all that but there are many-many boats that do it much better. But then they aren't Donzi Classics. Depends on what you want. I only do the water sports rarely and love the Classics so the 22 is for me.
    RedDog

President - West Vestal Donzi Owner's Group
    Knoxville, TN

I no longer own my Minx but, I can tell you that these boats are not the easiest things to get in and out of once you're in the water.

My kids would prefer a ski boat but the ski boats won't go 60+, are limited to calm water, and don't have the character of a Classic so the kids have to compromise. Capacity for people and equipment is a limitation for the Classics and if you wake board you'll be fine but you won't be going through any slalom courses.

Quote Originally Posted by 1996Z15 View Post
    I no longer own my Minx but, I can tell you that these boats are not the easiest things to get in and out of once you're in the water.
    A Minx is a lot harder to get in and out of.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by boogie View Post
    Great Thanks!! I have been wanting one of these things for ever
    Buy a 22C. If you don't like it, or it doesn't work, then sell it and buy something that isn't as cool but more functional. At least you wont have always wanted something that you never had. What I have found is, kids are just as happy because everyone on the lake compliments the boat. It makes them feel cool. AND kids like going fast, especially on rough water!

Here is an idea, (Im serious) get a 22C and also get an early 80s mastercraft competition ski boat. You can pick those up for cheap. A friend and I got a 7 foot hollow pole and slid it over the ski pylon. We then drilled a hole about 6 inches from the top and mounted 2 opposing eye bolts with huge washers. Then, we got a heavy-duty ratchet strap and measured everything out and took it to an interior shop and had them sew a loop to slip over the bow. We connected the other end to the front of the 7 foot pylon, and the ski rope to the back of the new pylon. BAM! instant wakeboard boat for $4000.00 I like to wakeboard between 14-19 mph. The classic just wont go that slow. It would suck as a wakeboard boat, because you would have to go at water ski speeds.

Thats what I would do.
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

GBond Guest
    Your right Planet...wakeboarding would be questionable at best. I edited my post to kneeboarding. Sorry...

I should have just said tubing I have 2 girls 8 and 12 and the 12 year old went tubing with her freind and had a ball. The boat would be a rider 85% of the time

your tubing may be either nose up of faster than the kids like just my humble opion .been there.these boats are great but not so easy to get in and out of unless you outfit it with a ski platform and ladder and i have seen some done that look great with the set up.regards mike.

Where do you wanna put all the stuff? 22c has limited space inside... and a 22c with platform or ladder really looks strange!!

Thread Information