Thread: 22 SHELBY Prop Decision

22 SHELBY Prop Decision

I was out on the July 4th weekend and decided to open it up for the first time on some calm water. We hit 76 gps @ 5200 with a half tank and four adults aboard, 25 Mirage Plus. I was courious if a Bravo 1 26 would be too agressive, even with the raised X.
    Thanks,
    Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

Do a search lots of info on props on 22's......try a 26P bravo prop should be right for your setup...I run one and so do many members here.....also try a 26P Turbo TXP....should handle better then the mirage and still have good top end speed....

Undertaker

Thumbs up no raised "X" here but.......

Mine came with the 27 Mirage Plus. Seems to be a good prop. I get my better top speed out of it. I also run a 28 Bravo 1 that does better with a load and runs a little more stable. I sacrifice 2-3 mph on top with it though.

Might wanna talk to Big Grizzly the prop guru!
    '06 22 Classic GT #8, 496 HO "Double Shot"
    '96 Mirage River Racer, Merc 280 "Nervous Mother"

The Shelbe is a hard boat to prop, mainly because they are all different from one another. Me I would go with a TXP or the old tried and true Turbo 1. I have other options but never tried them.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGrizzly View Post
    The Shelbe is a hard boat to prop, mainly because they are all different from one another. Me I would go with a TXP or the old tried and true Turbo 1. I have other options but never tried them.

I like to run 25-3500 rpm depending on conditions, is a 4 or 3 blade more efficent? I foremly ran a 4 on my flats boat till a friend lent me a 3, sold the 4 and never sacrificed any hole shot and picked up fuel economy and speed. I see a lot of 4 blades on high horsepower rigs and was courious.
    Thanks,
    Marvin.
    -2007 Donzi 22 Shelby GT

The 4 and three blade thing has been around again and again. it depends on the prop design not only the blades. Rule of thumb is 3 is faster
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thread Information