Thread: F-14 for Auction

F-14 for Auction

Saw this F-14 - decent shape, but certainly not pristine - at Antique Boat America in Clayton, NY this week. It belongs to famed auto mag writer (and creator of the Cannonball Run), Brock Yates. It will be sold as part of the antique boat auction on July 31st in Clayton.

You can read more about the boat and see more pics at www.antiqueboatamerica.com. Just go to the auction page and scroll down til you find it.
    "There are two theories for arguing with women - neither one of them works."

Smile

They are off on the engine year by a bunch it is much newer as is the drive. Real nice find and buy for someone.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

I have seen that boat as well. Not perfect, but good project for sure. They had a real nice 22 there as well.

I've been in love with this boat for about 20 years. Worked at the gas dock where this boat was kept. One year My friend got paid to drive it up to brocks camp -I was completely jealous. At 6'4" I dont have much use for the boat but I'll definately be at the auction.
    Dan

I'll be there too. Not to buy a Donzi though! Looking to add something mahogany to the fleet!

heading to iits new home

Dauley, did you buy it? If so, congratulations on buying a RARE Donzi. But WHAT A WEIRD AUCTION - didn't you think?

For those who might be interested, there were a TON of folks there with bidding cards - but no one was bidding on the boats! When they got to the F14 (about the 15th boat), the bidding went strong and finally stalled about $3250. Then the auctioneer made an announcement of needing something like five grand to make a sale. Still nothing more. Then the guy describing the boat went on to say something about Brock Yates signing a picture or taking one with the new owner or something, blah, blah, blah - as if THAT might make the boat worth more...

Then, lo and behold, the bidding climbed to the $5,000 reserve and the boat sold. Go figure...

Of the 42 (or so) other boats in the live auction (almost all wood), only five sold. NOT a great success by any measure. BTW, they didn't try to auction the nice 22. It was still sitting at Antique Boat America when I was there this afternoon making an offer on a mahogany Chris-Craft.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

theirs another one forsale on oso..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthre...239#post573239

Thread Information