Thread: can someone PLEASE help me with prop selection?

Someone PLEASE help me with Doni prop selection?

Boat is 14' long. Alpha gen2 (I have to see what the ratio is) Guessing the weight to be in the 1200 pound range (help here too please) I am going to weigh it soon. Engine 120 (3.0) Mercruiser. 20 gallons fuel. I was thinking a hHigh-5 by Merc.
    Please help me out.
    Thank
    Last edited by bertsboat; 07-12-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Forgot picture

I might suggest a Turbo Fusion 4. Are those the self contained K-planes? Are they 110's or 150's ?

You do not have enough power to swing a fusion however therare a bunch of 2+2 that i have and some 3 blade to try.
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by bertsboat View Post
    Boat is 14' long. Alpha gen2 (I have to see what the ratio is) Guessing the weight to be in the 1200 pound range (help here too please) I am going to weigh it soon. Engine 120 (3.0) Mercruiser. 20 gallons fuel. I was thinking a hHigh-5 by Merc.
    Please help me out.
    Thank

I think that thing would do one hell of a wheelie with the high 5,,my buddy loves his on his 16

K planes are 110

The planes are K PLANES, They are model 110. They have the ram built in. There is a 3" hole in the transom to facilitate the ram. They came with a small well built pump for each side. I paid $1200. They were new. I got them in Ft Pierce Florida at the Marine Connection. They had four there. I would bet the others are still there if you are looking for a set. I think they are the coolest.
    Thanks for the prop advice.

Big grizzley the prop offer

I may take you up on the prop offer. It will be at least a month till i am ready. I will contact you then. Thanks !!

Forgot to mention the ratio is 2:40

Quote Originally Posted by bertsboat View Post
    Please help me out.
    Thank
    Forgot to mention the gear ratio is 2:40. From what I could gather either a 22 or 23 HIGH 5 would do it. What do you think??

H5 too much for that boat. I beleive Rich weaver has a 3 blade on his 14
    Randy owner of Donzis since 1966
    High Performance props 3, 4, and 5 blade. Turbo and Stainless Steel props. Props for old Volvo drives.
    The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

Thread Information