Thread: 16' OB versus I/O

16' OB versus I/O

Looking to buy a 16' or 18' Donzi just as a runabout. Have seen a few 16' OB boats (like the one now on ebay, too far away). What is the thought on the OB models versus the I/O versions. Seems like the one on ebay could be made into a fun boat with the addition of a nice engine. TIA

My 1972 BABY 16 outboard with 200hp johnson, jack plate,new rebiult trailer,recent fiberglass and paint work, new transom is for sale $5800.00.
    80% restored.

Fast-where are you located?

Donzi o/b

glenncal 1, I've got a 1976 DONZI O/B, '93 Mariner 20" 200h.p., original ROCKET trailer, trim tabs, good interior, new rigging.. in Mass. "HIGH LIFE" cell # 781-844-8082

Lest the flurry of offers to sell makes you think that the OB isn't desired ..... I have a '76 16 OB that I have owned for 20 yrs and will not sell until I'm too old and feeble to climb aboard! Absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by glenncal1 View Post
    Fast-where are you located?
    Town of north east,md.10miles south of de.1mile off i-95

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    Lest the flurry of offers to sell makes you think that the OB isn't desired ..... I have a '76 16 OB that I have owned for 20 yrs and will not sell until I'm too old and feeble to climb aboard! Absolutely love it.
    I love mine too but only use it two times a year

Either of you guys planning a road trip to Colorado

On second thought .... I think I will be embalmed, have a good glass man seal me in the cockpit.... maybe a fiberglass enclosure that looks like the tonneau ... and be buried in it .... I just told my wife that was my final wish!

RPD, I live on the ocean- south of Boston,Ma. used the DONZI a few times last year, once ran into Boston Harbor & back to my launch site in Hingham-- felt like I ran the BAHAMA 500 ! Fast boat with 200 H.P., handles good but not in 3-4' seas. My other boat is a 27' MAGNUM SEDAN rigged with twin 300X o/b 78 GPS in heavy seas !!! Want to sell DONZI and put the money into the MAGNUM. "HIGH LIFE"

These 16 donzi would be a great boat in a colorado river.My cheasapeake bay is nice in the early morning.I run it with the bass boat guys early in the am.

Mike-forgot to ask. What are you asking for your "Baby"

Quote Originally Posted by glenncal1 View Post
    Mike-forgot to ask. What are you asking for your "Baby"
    Post#2 above says $5800.00.....But I like to see it go so BEST OFFER!
    I did have it at $6500.00 thats what I think it is worth.
    One Thing......Is Iam not going to waste my time sending (a lot of) pictures and e-mails to anyone that I dont speak to on the phone with first.I got really burned here on this site by a guy who will remain nameless for now.Ya,I know who it is.He Thinks hes funny but is a real mf.Not that Iam mad..............

High Life .... it's apples and oranges in comparing a 16' boat to a 27' boat in 3-4' seas .... I was out today in my HydraSports CC (with a 24 degree deep V) which is 22' and I can assure you it would have been miserable in the Donzi .... and I would have found myself a single man after that too .... but running in 1-2' in the Donzi is wonderful and that is a common condition we find here early in the morning and late in the evening as the sea breeze begins to die .... which is why my usage of the Donzi used to be early morning and late afternoon skiing and then going to dinner .... and now, without an avid ski partner, is mostly just taking it out to dinner and coming home under the moonlight!

Thread Information