Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Top Speed on a 22' classic

Fastest Top Speed on a 22' classic

What is the fastest claimed top speed of a 22' classic?

stock or the fastest we all know of?
    Please keep in mind I don't know anything......
    any information I have is made up.....
    and generally I am part of the problem
    VICE President-Weller's Bay DONZI Association

OFFICIAL LAKE GEORGE POKER RUN CHAMPION

michibesler did 85.6 mph (gps) in his whipple charged 22" shelby this month

mrfixxall Guest

fixx

I think mr x is braking a tad over 100 mph?????????????????????????

ITTILFLI runs some big numbers with his 540 and blackhawk combo. Maybe 90 or so.

Mr X has the fastest combo that I have heard about on the 22.
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Mr. X for sure. I've had mine up to 85.8. Ittilfly is faster. The "flowerpot" is probably faster as are at least a few others.
    Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Oakland

Nope

I think that Jim Denooyer's 22 special eddition with twin turbo was doing triple digits + the last time I was talking to him about props at Lake George and that was a few years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
    Mr. X for sure. I've had mine up to 85.8. Ittilfly is faster. The "flowerpot" is probably faster as are at least a few others.
    Carl is it possible to verify the speed or get in contact with one of thoose guys i just love speed records. (ps i got the official Swedish landspeed record for cars sat in 1998 199mph. in my homebuilt streetdriven De Tomaso Pantera 509 Big alum,Chevy. Took the car ower to Bonneville salt flats in 2003 to bee the first swede to brake the 200mph barrier Over there , run 222mph which is still the record for swedes over there.)Just litle of my bakground. Right now the focus are on fast 22:s because the boats are plain beautiful and fun to drive Bjorn Carapi Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Davis View Post
    I think that Jim Denooyer's 22 special eddition with twin turbo was doing triple digits + the last time I was talking to him about props at Lake George and that was a few years ago...
    Was that a Blackhawk drive?
    2001 35 Fountain Lightning w500 EFI's
    1973 X-18 - Merc 383 Magnum
    1974 Chris Craft Roamer with 1271 TI's

Quote Originally Posted by fysis View Post
    Carl is it possible to verify the speed or get in contact with one of thoose guys i just love speed records. (ps i got the official Swedish landspeed record for cars sat in 1998 199mph. in my homebuilt streetdriven De Tomaso Pantera 509 Big alum,Chevy. Took the car ower to Bonneville salt flats in 2003 to bee the first swede to brake the 200mph barrier Over there , run 222mph which is still the record for swedes over there.)Just litle of my bakground. Right now the focus are on fast 22:s because the boats are plain beautiful and fun to drive Bjorn Carapi Sweden
    Mr. X is hard to contact. His PM is blocked. You could try a "shout-out" thread. I'd like to hear an update on his Ilmor 22 that has run WELL over 100. Some others like to sandbag a bit so they may not come clean. I can tell you that there are plenty of 22 Classics that run well into the 80s and do so safely.....Well, safely as long as you have some seat time in these boats. Here is an interesting thread from Speedwake about fast, small IO Vees: http://www.speedwake.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27967 Of course not everyone posts there. I am CC there and Ittilfly is on the list. You went 222 mph on the salt flats. Congrats.

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Davis View Post

in this trend is said he broke 90-- God bless him for picking up 10 + mph a year later

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57553

Let's not forget catch22 (Jim Collins) owns a '95 22C w/a 454 Magnum and a blower that goes 94 MPH, and will do 90 at will.
    He's been doing this for over 5 years. It's the most effortless running boat I'm familiar with.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

I really thought that Mr. X had said that he went in the neighborhood of 110 but the only post I can find says 103. Where the heck is he anyway? We need an update on the boat.......

Hope the vid loads!!! It is Ted @ 105 several years back in his old boat.
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

fysis; The front end must have been getting a little light at that speed.

My 72 had a twin overhead cam with nox pushing 700 h.p.

My Criterion SS with the Gale Banks twin turbo could hit a 100 but downright scary and it was a 1 sec thing.. With the dual hydraulic steering, K-Planes
    it would have handled a little better...........Ed

Thread Information