Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sweden Classic 22

Sweden Classic 22

Hello over there sending som pictures of my 22 Classic .For this season i´ve built a 540 for it.Last summer i had an HP 500 (blue) installed and run 81.65 MPH at our official Shootout over here and got the 1 Price up to 22"
    hopefully i will ad some speed this year . What´s the official 22 classic speed record if there are one serious measured. If you have any question about my Donzi please mail me. Bjorn Carapi

Very nice boat!

michibesler did 85.6 mph (gps) in his whipple charged Shelby a few weeks ago...

one advice, remove the Z from the Donzi logo cause it isn't a Z.

good looking rig ya got there...

I might suggest you change the carb fuel line setup and the center stud for the carb arrestor is too short..

looking good
    Charter Member - WAFNC, SBBR, KWOSG
    1955 Perfect Mate
    1986 Hornet III, 502-415 TRS

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by axelkloehn View Post
    Very nice boat!

michibesler did 85.6 mph (gps) in his whipple charged Shelby a few weeks ago...

one advice, remove the Z from the Donzi logo cause it isn't a Z.
    Thank´s for you answer and interrest. so 85.6 is the top official reading for a 22 classic? What do you mean by the Z isn´t a Z it´s the same Z as in the register logo and looks very nice to me and everyone else that´s coment the boat so far.Regards Bjorn

actually, your goal should be 105+

but 85 is nothing to sneeze at
    1955 Perfect Mate

www.donzi.org

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    good looking rig ya got there...

I might suggest yiou change the carb fuel line setup and the center stud for the carb arrestor is too short..

looking good
    Hi Buizilla. And thanks for your reply.Today was the first time i put in any coments on this site and i´m thankful for any god tips about setups and interresting " fast "22 Classics and experienced owners of thoose boats.Earlier tonight i spent over an hour reading about guys on this sight that find their Classics so scary to drive over like 60 MPH so they just keept on moving the trim tabs up and down to get them forward.?????
    Please explain to me about the fuel line and center stud. Regards Bjorn

Hi Bjorn;
    Your boat is a Classic. Classics come in three sizes; 16', 18', and 22' like yours. Classics have been in production off and on since the beginning in the 1960's. The 22' Classic has been in production in one form or another since about 1979 I think.
    "Z" boats are newer, having gone into production sometimes in the 1980's.
    Z boats are of a completely different form and look more like other brands of offshore boats. http://donzimarine.com/
    Anyway, your decal with the large "Z" is intended for a "Z" series boat and not a Classic. I'm sure where you live no one knows the difference.
    Donzi's are relatively low production boats and over time you will see production boats with "X" dimensions (the height of the engine crankshaft and outdrive above the bottom of the hull at the transom) of varying heights. These differences, along with the selection of propellors can impact the handling.
    Most any newer stock 22 wil exceed 70 MPH. There're a number of boats here that belong to members that will exceed 80 MPH. Some are supercharged and some naturally aspirated.
    A very few, maybe fewer than four will exceed 100 MPH.
    It takes a lot of time and investment to go over 80 MPH. You need to thouroughly get used to your boat, try various trim combinations, and try different propellors to discover your best performance.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

fysis... your engine room is really well layed out and sanitary.... LOVE the headers in black... nothing is there without a purpose and the harness is hidden, and not draped over the top.. can't say mine looks that good..

a couple things that I noticed >> one is the fuel line to the carb splitter tube should be 1/2" ID blue USCG hose, then 3/8" tube to the carb bowls, you should NOT use rubber hose and clamps as I see... not a big visual change there, but it would be MUCH safer and clean things up 100%... you NEED 1/2" hose up to the splitter to feed those 540 rats that live under those gorgeous valve covers...

the other is >> the center stud for your air cleaner should be 2-3 threads through the nylock nut, but not hitting the hatch.... right now it can vibrate loose... and thats not a good thing...

then >> it looks like you have a standard lower unit, so a 2" shorty IMCO would pick up a ton of speed, but they aren't cheap... the 4 blade prop is holding you back a few grunts as well... with the short single ram tabs you have there is a handling quirk about 84-88 but a shorty and good 3 blade prop like a TXP or Hydromotive should help stablize that...

hope this helps amd welcome aboard
    1955 Perfect Mate

www.donzi.org

mrfixxall Guest

Fixx

By the way USCG means united states coast guard,you being in sweeden i dont know if your coast guard follow the same rules?

Take Buiz's good advise and make some changes. it will do your little motor some good

Also our rules apply to,,you should have double hose clamps on every connection (fuel and exhaust which i see your exhaust has..

welcome aboard and vary nice ride!

Quote Originally Posted by fysis View Post
    Thank´s for you answer and interrest. so 85.6 is the top official reading for a 22 classic? What do you mean by the Z isn´t a Z it´s the same Z as in the register logo and looks very nice to me and everyone else that´s coment the boat so far.Regards Bjorn
    Sorry, no offense with the "Z", but I think it will look better with just the chromed Donzi or with the pennants like the old school logos. I can witness the 85.6 mph with michis shelby cause I was on board. Sure there will be some guys faster with their 22. Welcome on board, Björn. By the way, I with my Donzi GT and michi with his shelby live in Hamburg, germany, not too far away from you.

Bjorn, beautiful boat! Would like to see some more pictures up front - dash etc... Your interior is nice also - is it stock or did you have it redone in Sweden ?

Zoom the picture of the interior, excellent!

I don't know what Buiz is talking about your flame arrestor stud being too short for because there is no way of really telling with out taking the arrestor off. i think it looks great....I do agree with changing your carb feed lines. they don't look safe to me, i would not use simply hose camps on fuel lines. use solid metal feed lines with fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by thehow33 View Post
    I don't know what Buiz is talking about your flame arrestor stud being too short for because there is no way of really telling with out taking the arrestor off.
    Click on the picture of the top of the motor and then zoom in. Then look at the locking nut in the center of the flame arrestor, and you will see that the stud doesn't stick all the way through the nut. The stud needs to have a few threads exposed. As it is now, the nut isn't performing as a lock nut.
    Never Kick a opossum at 40 mph!

What are you using for a tow vehicle as the car in the one picture looks small in relation to the boat?
    T.M. Hayes

Thread Information