Thread: power trim wiring

power trim wiring

Please help...does anyone have info of wiring the merc bravo power-trim/tilt with 2 trim limit senders and instrument in the dash? I checked google and just found info with one sender/no instrument. Thx, Axel

Hi Axel;
    Do they have Clymer Merc manuals (or any other publisher?) there in Germany at the book stores?
    Because there's more than just the wiring. The port side hooks to the trim pump, and the stbd side hooks to the trim gauge.
    That's the easy part.
    Next, the rotary switches/potentiometers have to be adjusted, and the results measured.
    That's where the manual really comes in handy.
    George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Quote Originally Posted by gcarter View Post
    Hi Axel;
    Do they have Clymer Merc manuals (or any other publisher?) there in Germany at the book stores?
    Because there's more than just the wiring. The port side hooks to the trim pump, and the stbd side hooks to the trim gauge.
    That's the easy part.
    Next, the rotary switches/potentiometers have to be adjusted, and the results measured.
    That's where the manual really comes in handy.
    Thanks George, that was already the missing info with stbd to the gauge/ port side to the pump... hooking it up to the gauge cannot be that difficult I guess.
    I have a manual somewhere but cannot find it anymore- Our book stores are not very good wth merc literature/manuals, but there is amazon... Anyway, adjusting can be done with a friend who already did it several times, but I wanted to do the wiring before.
    Cheers, Axel

Axel, where are you in Germany? I am in Munich for a few days.

Mike

bigdawgchallenger@gmail.com
    Global warming has been a issue since the end of the Ice Age

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgchallenger View Post
    Axel, where are you in Germany? I am in Munich for a few days.

Mike

bigdawgchallenger@gmail.com
    Mike, unfortunately Hamburg/North-Germany, 500 mls from Munich Have fun and good beer in the Hofbräuhaus!

Bummer, it would have been cool to beet up with you.

The beer is great.

Mike
    Global warming has been a issue since the end of the Ice Age

mercruiserparts.com has a ton of write-ups. One of them is for the trim gauge and how to set it up properly.

google around and you should find what you need from there.

Key thought when wiring T&T Blue is up Green is down! The black and red main power wires, black to the block the red usually to the starters main terminal or direct to the battery fused with 50amp. The Merc harness is protected with the 50 amp main harness breaker, so I have followed suit with a 50 inline when moving the T&T to the battery. I have only done this a couple of time when relocating the pump.

A handy site for quick info on a lot of stuff, go to what ever directory: http://www.marinemechanic.com/site/page130.html The Merc area is decent with wiring codes!
    No matter what your beliefs are "GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Fully retired marine tech near 60 years in the biz.

I found this scan that I made a long time ago. I don't think it's really changed any in years as far as the actual wiring goes. This only covers the trim limit switch and pump wiring. The gauge switch (on the stbd side is not included and only goes to the gauge.

George Carter
    Central Florida
    gcarter763@aol.com
    http://kineticocentralfl.com/

“If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid"
    Professor Ian Plimer, Adilaide and Melbourne Universities

Great! Thanks for your help, George (and thanks to all other guys of course)

Thread Information