I've been getting back into fishing over the past year or so, and I was pondering the other night the question "What is your favorite type of fishing".

Well, plenty of things crossed my mind for myself; Though I've done lots of different types of fishing, I must confess, I've never gotten into fly fishing, though I am going to pick it up soon, so that eliminates that.

I've done plenty of bottom fishing with dead bait, off shore along wrecks, or in the river around pilings, or different bottom structure with medium to light tackle,.... analysis OK

Trolling with heavy tackle offshore with ballyhoo, etc., which is GREAT, the absolute pounding of the bait by the fish is incredible, and the fish fight like mad.

I've fished lures with great success for Reds, Blues, Seatrout and freshwater Bass, etc. Again, the attack of the fish is absolutely awesome, it's interesting to see how mangled the lures get, some of the Rapalla skitterwalkers / etc. with paint banged off of them, or the rubber lures that look like a piece of ground beef after being hit, etc.

My favorite though, is fishing live bait with light or medium tackle. I've always like the prospect of bringing in the biggest fish on the lightest tackle - a true fisherman has to fight the fish, a mutual respect develops between prey and predator, knowing that if you pull too hard, or try to rush it, he's going to snap your line and laugh at you. Or the fact that they have the upper hand; I was once hooked into a big tarpon (probably in the 150lb range), it was peeling line off the reel like there was no tomorrow, and he got me hung on a reef, and it was all over, fish 1, fisherman 0.

So I pose to all you fishermen, put some serious thought behind it, and let me know what your favorite style of fishing is. It may not be your most successful, or the one that you do the most, but your all around favorite.

Wayne