Hey guys,

I've kept my latest project under wraps till today ...didn't need any more ball bustin... for not finishing a project

Here's a little "step by step" of my latest endeavor. I bought an 88 Donzi F23 that had been partially submerged in a torrential rain storm we had a couple months ago. She's a local boat that some of you may recognize if you've lived here. The previous owners were probably partially responsible for "shutting down" Shell Island with the stripper pole, twin 8D batteries and multiple amps and sub woofers that were mounted in this ol'beauty. She used to boast a gas powered blender as well. Unfortunately, that didn't convey in the sale.

In a nutshell, I had to replace the fuel tank (that had 100 gallons of saltwater in it) and felt it was best to close the transom and mount a bracket. Most of the wiring I replaced as well.

It took about 7 weeks to complete. I did everything except the glass work on the transom. I don't have any "before" data in relation to performance as she was towed to my house. What I do know as of now is that I'm going to need to replace the chewed up aluminum prop. and probably raise the engine's x dimension. I mounted the bracket according to Stainless Marine's recommendation. (25" up from the keel)