Thread: Building Surface Tension

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Building Surface Tension

Have you ever found yourself purchasing a "magic" prop? Last year I had to buy this one as it had a "magical' history.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spill the beans why is it magic love those black magic voodoo stories

I kept looking at that prop, thinking, a prop with that history would need to end up on a unique boat. Something a bit different, with some history to it but with a look to the future. Kept looking at all the cool projects that you guys have developed over the many years wondering how I could maybe sneak in something unique. Hmmmmmmmm. It had to be a 16. Well maybe the prop was just magic to me, but it had been used by a gentleman who owned a 16 and broke the magical 80MPH on GPS with it. 80 in a 16 in "current" times seemed to be a pretty unique achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Well maybe the prop was just magic to me, but it had been used by a gentleman who owned a 16 and broke the magical 80MPH on GPS with it. 80 in a 16 in "current" times seemed to be a pretty unique achievement.

Naw. Donnelly done this years ago. Ask him what prop will do the job.

magic props are only made left Handed

I'm sure there are several 16's in the U.S. that have enough motor to do 80mph easily, it ain't motor thats Lacking, It's Balz, obviously this generation of 16 owner has some common sense (not saying Ed didn't) but Motor isn't the problem. It's mostly setup. Some guys think they can just stick a hot 406 or what ever in a 16 and think "I'll be over 80 no problem" until they ride in it and reality sets in and their bung hole tightens up just going 65, and every 1 mph for the next 15 is scarier than hanging on to the shuttles rocket booster for a launch knowing you'll never come back. I had a 16 with a 408 and the motor never turned more than 4500rpm (capable of 6K) cause "I" (the total on the water Speed Freak) was too Scared. Setup IS Everything, and the Magic Prop Is part of that setup..

Now, Whats so special about this one???? Was it Geooooo's???
    Last edited by BlownCrewCab; 04-23-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: add2it
    WTF, Over.....WTF, 10-4.....

Last time I checked the only guy doing 80 in any 16 in 2010 on this board was Parnell aka Sweet Cheekz.

Back in 2006 an ad was posted on this board for another 16 that broke 80 back then. Here is the ad.

06-02-2006, 03:58 PM
    Donzi-16' Baby Donzi Outboard
    one of the original 200. 1974 owned since 85 and gone through several times. currently rigged with 96 200 evinrude.less than 100 hours on entire motor. not ported but the 3.0 has 2.7 heads and 225 carbs. bobs nosecone and torque tamer. multiple props for different running. 4 blade for violent hole shots and acceleration. 26 raker for fuel economy and 26 chopper for the rooster tail from heaven. 100% predictable on any pump gas. hydrolic steering. 32 gallon tank custom mounted. transom redone and psychotically reinforced. foot pedal. march wheel with CRT. hull modified with 7" pad meticulously grafted into place.custom bade B brackett. white with blue stripe,blue interior. almost prefect condition boat. tonneau cover and custom full cover. brand new $3500.00 south florida trailer custom fabricated with 18 poly rollers. boat is incredibly stable at all speeds. no chinewalk. 82mph benchracing on gps. (with me only, almost empty tank and a little tailwind) 76 every time with passenger and full tank. very unique and possibly the fastest and most stable baby in existance. pampered garaged covered doctors toy. 12,500.00 miami hardly ever come to this site so email me.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Guimond View Post
    Have you ever found yourself purchasing a "magic" prop? Last year I had to buy this one as it had a "magical' history behind it.
    Is the prop a Hydromotive QIV? It sure has that look. Bill

1971 Donzi 18' 2+3
    1985 Eliminator 23' Daytona Offshore - Kevlar hull
    1988 23' Donzi CC F-23 with 250HP EFI Mercury OB
    1989 28' Team Warlock Offshore - single 548CID/600HP
    1990 23' Warlock Offshore - single 525HP
    Bill from Denison, TX - Lake Texoma

That looks like Rootsy' prop.
    Wear 100% cotton or nothing at all
    '86 22-Classic 2+3
    '85 Criterion SS
    '84 Hornet III

Greg,
    I understand the feeling, I have Geoo's old gold tall flame arrestor / air cleaner and it worked a little magic for me.
    Best of Luck,
    Wal
    Think Fast, Live Long!
    Humor Helps.

BlownCrewCab. It took me years and years of gradual changes to get to the speeds I reached.. This is why I respect Geo so much.. The twin turbos were the last change in my quest for maximum speed I made over 50 changes, some worked some didn't...............Ed

Now that I have a prop, I needed a boat so I decided to reach back to when I was just a....ahem, a touch younger and grab a 16 weedeater

I can see them heading for the exit

Notice in the second photo, under the rubrail it says Drakes Creek Marine. Can anyone offer any type of background on who might have owned the hull when it was kept at Drakes?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information