Thread: First Boat Ride of 2010 in the Class 22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Boat Ride of 2010 in the Classic 22

Tax Day was great weather here in Michigan. I took advantage of the weather and rode the Donzi for its sea trial. Everything checked okay.

I never ride on Lake Michigan this early in the year - Too cold of water. I can't wait to get some shots with wave action with the other Donzi owners this summer.

The GoPro HD camera is fun to play with. This was the first time using this on the boat. I'll need to adjust the camera angle a little.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_qAyaLvsUQ[/media]

Looks great Brad.
    2000 28ZX Scorpion SOLD
    1979 Criterion
    1986 Z29

RED/WHITE
    TWIN SBC 330HP
    ALPHA 1'S
    Mcleod design Interior

Brad, I'm gonna wanna water ski behind one boat, off to the side, while another boat runs alongside the tow boat. The possibilities are endless!

Member: Red Boat Club
    1996 22' Classic
    Volvo 7.4GSi/DPX (E-4 props)
    bone stock 72.8 gps mph

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Brad, I'm gonna wanna water ski behind one boat, off to the side, while another boat runs alongside the tow boat. The possibilities are endless!

I have the suction cup we can have it on the SKI>>>
    2000 28ZX Scorpion SOLD
    1979 Criterion
    1986 Z29

RED/WHITE
    TWIN SBC 330HP
    ALPHA 1'S
    Mcleod design Interior

Brad did you have the waterproof cover on the go pro HD or the one with the vents in the back? I got my dad one of those for Christmas and can't wait to start messing with it. I've heard if you run the full waterproof case even though it's on your head will cut out the windnoise and allow more motor sound! Looking forward to running with you this summer!
    Matt

Matt: That's a great gift you gave.

I was using the fully enclosed case without the vents. I haven't used the other back casing yet to compare the two case mounts. I was surprise on the wind noise on this video since I have used that case on the snowmobile at 100MPH+ and had low wind noise. I'm not sure if it was because of the headband I was using. It may be routing the wind differently versus using a helmet mount on the snowmobile. I need to try other mounts I have. I also bought the chest mount.

I love it. This was the first time using it on the boat. It is fun trying different mounts and views. Tony - I like your idea - We'll ride together this year and we'll have Mike and Matt do a few passes while you're on the ski. Mike will have his GoPro going too

Thread Information